THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:09 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Basic Techniques of Air Pistol Shooting

Shooter

In sports precision shooting there are certain things which require your attention and focus on these can only make you into a Champion 8-) .

Following are some of the basic techniques one must concentrate on and master in AIR PISTOL SHOOTING:

Basically we divide Pistol into three main parts:

:arrow: Grip

:arrow: Sight

:arrow: Trigger

(1) GRIP

The first and most important part of pistol is grip. The holding of grip determines your moment or positioning of your shots. In your grip your hand should neither be too stiff nor too loose, it should be good enough to hold your weapon where your sight picture could be maintained and you have a comfortable stance to shoot.

Tip

Never shoot unless temperature of your hand and your grip matches to each other it should feel to be your body part

(2) SIGHT

Sight is one of the most important and sensitive part of the weapon and a slight attention on it can results in a lot. Your front sight and rare sight must always have the same sight picture and one should never adjust a shot by adjusting his point of aim, specially in competition. Your point of aim should always remain the same.

Tip

Always check your line of aim before making your stance.

(3) TRIGGER

The third and most important part is the trigger and when the matter is of 10m air pistol you need to pay a lot of attention to this. As you place your finger on the trigger it should be covering the whole trigger so that your point of pressure is sharp at the mid of your trigger which will not only help in smooth triggering but also help your shot to hit the desire target. Unequal pressure on left or right of trigger will bring a undesirable moment on horizontal X axes.

Pull-off's

There are two pull offs and they can be adjusted as per shooter's desire. And again its the game of time in competition your timing of First pull off and second pull off must be same for consistent shooting.

Tip

The timing of ideal shot is considered to be 8 to 10 seconds the more you delay the more you lose

GenEral measures to improve shooting:

Stretching
A simple warmup or stretching before shooting will toneup your muscles and can help you to over come certain problems which you might face during shooting .

Line Of Aim
Shooters should alway check his line of aim before taking its position

Dry shots
Dry shooting is the most effective and important practice.Shooter should do dry practice as he is doing a real match and he should do a match as he is doing his dry practice

Follow Through
It is define as you need to follow your shot soon after you have fired your shot which means you need to mantain your stance for 3 to 5 seconds soon after you have shot and you can judge you shot without having a look on the target by doing this you will be able to memorize the actual sight picture of your ideal shot and a motorized action will b developed as you get the same sight picture you will be able to shoot by yourself.

Timing
In sports shooting time is the key of all the success the less time you use the perfect you shoot.If you are delaying your shot comparitively to your normal time then most probably you will lose your breath contol or your muscles will get fatigue and results in the unexpected moment.

Tip

Long breath before aiming your wepon can help you alot while you are shootig.It makes you feel relax mentally as well as physically

:text-feedback:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Basics Techniques of Air Pistol

Excellent post Hamza bro ... thanks for sharing!

Will try to keep them in mind (and practice them on range) on my next range visit! ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Basics Techniques of Air Pistol

Sniper

Hamza we need more tips.. keep on going.. lovely to read it again and again..

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Basic Techniques of Air Pistol Shooting

Sniper

Thanks for the write-up Hamza bhai :)
I am have spend some time searching any reasonable Air-pistol here but No luck so far :(

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Excellent Hamza :D

This temperature thing is new for me. That is why after twenty-thirty shots one shoot better because of the equal distribution in temperature.

BTW I told you to write about the achievements of Youth & Junior Shooters of Pakistan :P . Okay so I'll do this one after I am done with my recovery course at school :ugeek:

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Hamza
This is a great post and it doesn't at all look like a post from an 18 years old. You have shared your personal experience in a very comprehensive way. Well done.

BTW, the line of aim, the natural point of aim and the initial stance, bringing the pistol to the natural point of aim etc needs to be explained to the members. I would suggest you post a few pictures to explain the stance and the natural point of aim to the members, showing how a correct stance helps in achieving the natural point of aim and when this drill is completed properly, the hand automatically comes at the correct point of aim, even if the shooter does it with his eyes closed. I think it needs a bit of explanation to the members. Haider may help you out in explaining this point.

Well done and keep posting. :text-bravo:

@all
Please take your time to understand the basics which have been explained in a very comprehensive manner. Ask questions where you have a doubt and I am sure we all have lot to learn from Hamza and Haider. These guys might be only 18 but they have had proper professional training which most of us didn't have.

regards

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

I got your point sir i shall be explaning all the highlighted point as soon as possible

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

Haider youth & juniors are coming soon ....

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Still waiting for the update :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow:

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

am am am its still in progress.... :-D:-D:-D

Profile E-mail