THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:39 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Dot Shooting

Newly Registered User

I am a new member. I have started to shoot again after a gap of many years. I was wondering if any of the members are doing dot shooting. I will be interested in how things have developed over the years (equipment, techniques, etc.). I would also like to exchange ideas/information on modifying and tuning Free Pistols (TOZ-35) and AR-15 for 300+m shooting.

datastorm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dot Shooting

Site Admin

Welcome to TGF datastorm. I haven't seen anyone do Dot Shooting here at any of the shooting ranges we have, either in Karachi or Lahore/Islamabad for that matter.

I do know that it involves targets having dots of different sizes depending on the caliber you plan to shoot. The targets have 10 sets of 3 dots placed in a triangle, and spaced so that if you plant one dead center, your hole should connect all three dots. The drill involves you firing 10 shots at 7 yards, you can shoot offhand, two hand, fast or slow, the object is to at least hit one dot in each group, but if you connect two dots it's worth more, and all three is even better.

However, I recommend that you please share your knowledge about Dot Shooting with us and teach us how we can use it to improve our shooting skills. It sounds like fun and can add a competition flavour to our range visits.

Our Home Gunsmithing and DIY section would be the best place for you to exchange ideas/information on modifying and tuning your firearms. We are lucky to have a professional and experienced US-based gunsmith "LAGS" in our midst along with his several aspiring students :) , who will be more than happy to help you out.

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dot Shooting

Marksman

SA wrote:
Welcome to TGF datastorm. I haven't seen anyone do Dot Shooting here at any of the shooting ranges we have, either in Karachi or Lahore/Islamabad for that matter.

I do know that it involves targets having dots of different sizes depending on the caliber you plan to shoot. The targets have 10 sets of 3 dots placed in a triangle, and spaced so that if you plant one dead center, your hole should connect all three dots. The drill involves you firing 10 shots at 7 yards, you can shoot offhand, two hand, fast or slow, the object is to at least hit one dot in each group, but if you connect two dots it's worth more, and all three is even better.

However, I recommend that you please share your knowledge about Dot Shooting with us and teach us how we can use it to improve our shooting skills. It sounds like fun and can add a competition flavour to our range visits.

Our Home Gunsmithing and DIY section would be the best place for you to exchange ideas/information on modifying and tuning your firearms. We are lucky to have a professional and experienced US-based gunsmith "LAGS" in our midst along with his several aspiring students :) , who will be more than happy to help you out.

Yes SA sir it will be more inspiring and informative for novices like us to gain expert knowledge and techniques from seniors members. Sir we had kept guns for so long but don't really know shooting or only have basic or little knowledge.

Pa Watan zaan qurban dai

Profile E-mail