THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:06 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: The Discipline of Precision or Bulls Eye Shooting (Pistol)

Site Admin

During the past few years I've had a few great teachers to help me in my shooting techniques and rectify my mistakes. I am sharing with you all some words of wisdom and advice from one of those great teachers (Col. Javed Umer) regarding precision or bulls eye shooting.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

PISTOL SHOOTING

There is a proper protocol following which one should train and practice for different events. Randomly shooting without any discipline renders no training benefits. It is a waste of time and expensive ammunition.

I will start with the Discipline of Precision also known as Bulls eye shooting.

This is the mother of all kinds of shooting; Rapid or timed, unless one learns this discipline properly there can be no progress. If one is going to use the standard 9mm pistol with the 9mm ammo available then I think one may not go beyond ten or 15 yds/ms.

The standard targets which are available may be used, colourful rings have no advantage as a matter of fact these may be avoided. A table should be set up in front of the shooter where he should place his gun and ammo and spotting scope if one is going to use it. The table not only assists in safe handling of the pistol but is very convenient for resting the pistol during shots, ( I am going over the basics for the advantage of beginers, please ) a chair should be placed for resting in between series.

Only five shots should be loaded and a series of five shots should be fired in five or six minutes. Raise your hand and adjust your stance, you should be aligning the body in a way that if a line is drawn through both of your shoulders it should be forming an angle of between 15 degrees to 30 degrees depending on your physique and where you find yourself most comfortable, your feet should be slightly more or equal to your shoulder width and you must place equal weight on both feet.

Now for a right handed shooter grip the pistol in the left hand and firmly plant it in your right hand which should be wide open to accept the grip in line with your fore arm.

Grip the gun firmly but not in a death grip, curl you index finger and place it on the trigger in a way that the distal pad of the first joint is in contact with the trigger and the index finger is not touching the frame or trigger guard or the grip and is free to squeeze the trigger without any un necessary friction or distraction.

For rifle and pistol shooting, the trigger must be squeezed slowly and steadily. As the sight picture takes shape, increase pressure on the trigger in a motion drawing the finger and trigger straight to the rear. The instant the trigger disengages the sear and the shot is fired should come as a surprise, because your concentration is focused on the sight picture. (You NEVER know when your firearm will go BANG!)

Trigger Control Diagram (click on the link below to view)
http://www.pistol-shooting.com/resources/Trigger-Control-Diagram.jpg

Take few deep breaths, in hale deeply and exhale a bit and hold your breath, you should immediately raise your hand and aim and then close both eyes for a while and then open your eyes to see if the pistol is pointed in the direction of the target, if your hand has moved away from the target on closing and the reopening eyes; adjust your stance and retry. Once you are comfortable and your hand stays on target after closing eyes ; this is your natural stance, your neck should be relaxed and body not twisted in any direction. Now you are ready to shoot.

Relax and go over in your mind that you will focus on the front sight and squeeze the trigger in one smooth flow irrespective of where your sights are in the blurred mass of the aiming point. You should not will the trigger it should be a SURPRISE BREAK the most important part of any shooting any weapon accurately. This becomes doubly important when shooting a pistol.

Once the shot is fired have good a follow through by staying on Target and re aiming the gun and then slowly lower your hand to rest the barrel on the table. Ask yourself , was your focus on the front sight ?

Was the shot a SURPRISE BREAK ? if the answer to any one of these questions is negative the shot is a bad shot.

Also ask your self did you lose the front sight when the shot was fired, did you see the case being ejected and smoke coming out the barrel ? If not, then your concentration is not complete.

Image reference for concentrating at the front sight:

Video on Trigger Control (2:45 onwards):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 867071363#

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Discipline of Precision or Bulls Eye Shooting (Pisto

Site Admin

....CONTINUED FROM ABOVE:

MINIMUM ARC of MOVEMENT

When one raises his weapon and commences the aiming process, the sights wobble quite a bit and then settle down after 2 or 3 seconds and the wobble is much less; and depending on ones physical / aerobic condition the sights again start wobbling a bit more around the aiming point after 8 seconds or so.

This period between the the 3rd and the 8th seconds or so is the minimum arc of movement. Shots fired in this time tend to be your better shots.

CONCENTRATION

You should be fiercely focused on the front sight, you should able to see scratches or dust particle on the front sight, you should be able to see the fired case being ejected and smoke coming out the barrel. If you are not seeing these your focus is in- complete. It takes a lot of practice and very few people can maintain a complete concentration for more than 10 seconds at a time after which the concentration starts to waver, try threading a needle several times and you will understand.

FOLLOW THROUGH

You must maintain this for a couple of seconds after the shot is released ( fired ) and remain in the stance; this is known as follow through and will prevent you from reducing concentration or relaxing some muscle of your body just before the shot is fired. While playing tennis, hockey or cricket you must have noticed how the path of the ball is changed with the bat or hockey or raquettes movement after the ball is hit . Restart the aiming process by deep breathing three or four times before you raise your gun again.

BREATH CONTROL

You must deeply inhale and exhale before getting ready to shoot as this will purge your lungs of carbon dioxide, you will need a lot of fresh air as you will be holding your breath, and I am told when you are concentrating and also holding your breath your eyes and brain consume oxygen very rapidly.

After deep breathing a few times take a deep breath and release some what ever makes you comfortable and your holding of breath and raising of gun should be done in one go so that precious oxygen is not consumed earlier.
Breathe again at least 2 or three seconds after the shot is released and never before. In case you are firing a RAPID FIRE string you DO NOT BREATH between shots.

TRIGGER CONTROL

The trigger must be squeezed with a positive, smooth and courageous flow, irrespective of the sights position on the target.
If you will the trigger by thinking the sights are dead center your shot will be thrown off.

Refer this image for visual explanation: http://www.pistol-shooting.com/resource ... iagram.jpg

The trigger must be boldly squeezed and the shot fired between your minimum arc of movement that is between 3 and 8 seconds, your concentration will be very good and breath control excellent, the more you delay; the breath control will dwindle and your brain and lungs crying for oxygen will make you commit mistakes and your minimum arc of movement will also increase.

These are techniques for championship shooting and when one masters these basic techniques one improves combat and fun shooting in a very large measure.

MASTER EYE.

If you keep both eyes open and smartly raise your right hand and cover an object at some distance from you with your index finger. Then keep your finger there and close your left eye, if your index finger is still covering the object your master eye is the right eye.

If when you close your left eye, you find the object not covered then close your right eye and see if your finger is covering the object ; if it is, then in this case your left eye is the dominant or master eye.
Repeat this simple test two or three times to confirm.

Usually RIGHT handed people have their RIGHT master or dominant eye. How ever there are people who are right handed but their dominant eye is the left eye, this condition is known as ipsi lateral eye sight and they have to either convert to left handed shooting or cover their dominant eye with a patch or wear glasses with the appropriate eye glass opaque.
In our society we find very few people who are left handed as since child hood left handed children are forced to do things with their right hands . Shot gun shooting is a real pain for the ipsi lateral shooters how ever pistol and rifle shooting has means to correct the condition.

Reflex shooting a pistol in a life threatening situation the dominant eye will take over no matter what. People must train with the same hand as the dominant eye.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

...........CONTINUED FROM ABOVE:

Participating in a Competition Shooting Match ?

It is a mind game after the basic physical training is complete it becomes only a matter of self control and discipline. A number of shooters shoot very well in training but on the Match day perform poorly.

This is because they hype themselves before a match and a rush of adrenaline causes eyes to blurr, the hands tremble and the neuro muscular coordination is poor.

One should only concentrate on the technique and keep a very low profile before the match. The drum beating and chanting slogans is for wrestling not a fine discipline like shooting. Never work yourself up, only think of technique and keep reminding yourself how you will start the match, and plan and think of every step, never think of winning or losing

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

...... AND MORE:

When one fires a hand gun or a Rifle from a proper rest ( there are Machine Rests, there are support type rests ) the idea is to check the accuracy potential of a weapon. As in this case the human induced errors are minimal.

As far as Zeroing is concerned it must be done with the same grip and stance as when shooting in a Match.
Remember the tightening or losening your grip, changing the point of contact of the distal pad of your trigger finger with the trigger, adjusting the pistols grip and even trigger weight will all change the zeroing at a range of 25m when shooting an accurate pistol with one hand on a match Target where the difference will be very obvious.

As far as Rifles go, these are more forgiving but when the Range is longer or one is shooting 3 position Olympic match the same is true for these as well.

Remember your RIFLE BARREL MUST NOT TOUCH anything even if it touches a leaf your zeroing and accuracy will go out the window. When you rest a rifle, rest it on the stock with the forward hand under fore end resting on the support.
You can experiment with a .22 or an accurate air rifle and see what happens when you let the barrel touch or rest on some thing.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

Here are some words of wisdom on the subject I received from another teacher of mine regarding shooting with dominant eye closed:

SHOOTING WITH DOMINANT EYE CLOSED

Different techniques have different advantages. Those techniques, which have proved advantageous for more number of shooters are the one's generally advocated by the instructors. However, there would always be shooters to whom some other technique may suite more. It therefore does not mean that all instructions other than those given in a text book are wrong and should not be taken.

Modern shooting techniques fully recognise the importance of shooter's body comfort while shooting. A shooter would give his best with a shooting technique which is very natural with his body. Means there is nothing that puts extra strain or discomfort on shooter's body / mind when he is shooting. Therefore, if a shooter is not comfortable with a particular technique or stance, he should never take it. However, while doing so, it should be ensured that one should not resort to such habits which technically put a shooter in a position of dis-advantage.

As for shooting with both eyes open or with non-dominant eye closed, there is no binding on that in my view. Many good shooters, specially those who are more into tactical shooting, shoot with both eyes open. It has the advantage of larger field of view which matters a lot during tactical shooting and even real situations. However, many people feel problem in focusing on front site (which is a compulsory requirement) with both eyes open. With non-dominant eye closed, it is easy to focus on an object (front site). That is why we see that in precision shooting (both with handgun and rifle), majority of shooters shoot with non-dominant eye closed.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

The one thing that is clear is that the best option for me or any beginning shooter will only be determined on the range, given some time. Both methods should be given a serious shot (pun intended) for enough time to distinguish the clearly better method for oneself.

Regarding the double image problem, I see on the web that that is a common occurance and is because of keeping both eyes open. Heres my analysis: Keeping both eyes open in itself doesn't create the problem and you can train to not see the double image. In my case, and as bro Fearless sb was 100% correctly speculating, When focussing on the front sight, I was training both eyes on it completely (as if looking squarely at it). This isn't correct and leads to the simple constraint of the human visual system whereby the eyes can only focus on one point and anything fore or aft is prone to deteriorated visual perception. In my case the two images start to move away from each other as both eyes come to focus on the front sight. They are farthest apart, and way too much btw, when both eyes rest on the front sight.

Instead of explaining more verbally, I've created some illustrations to show this point. I so far couldn't find such illustrations from proper scientific resources, so had to create my own, hence.. Disclaimer: I'm sure this is only part of the picture and the actual physics may not be accurate. Those with better knowledge should plz augment.

With one (dominant) eye open, there is perception of only one image. In most cases this is the ideal situation for targetting, if not for sustaining it long enough etc as previously discussed in detail by Gilani sahab

With the non-dominant eye also open
and focussed on the front sight, because of the axial displacement from the dominant eye, it percieves its own image of the target. It is the less dominant image as well, you see it less clearly, more opaque

This error simply magnifies the greater the distance to the target, as illustrated below. That is why i didn't notice this while dry practicing because of never more than 8-10 M distance there

To prove the double image phenomenon isn't an aft mechanism only, now just experimentally try to focus on the target. As soon as both eyes index completely on the target, theres a double image of the gun/muzzle.

In all of this, as soon as you close one eye, the double image vanishes. Now TRUE, that in my case:
1- When focussing on the front sight, when i close the right eye, the right image disappears and vice versa
2- When focussing on the target, the exact opposite is the case, ie on closing right eye, left image of gun disappears and vice versa

This also indicates that the above illustrations need to be augmented by the actual physics of the human visual system. But i truly hope that this info helps other shooters who may face this problem

What to do about this is, not in order of precedence, either:

1- Keep non-dom eye closed
2- Keep both eyes open but only have the dominant eye focus on the front sight. Do not look squarely at the front sight with both eyes. Instead 'will' the dominant eye to look at the front sight with the non-dom eye being an accessory to be put wherever the sighting system feels the best to the shooter. I know this is hard to explain, but easier to see now in front of an actual target
3- Experiment with both long enough to settle into one of them. Following is my opinion only.. When theres a clear winner, stick with it and practice/use it, forget the other. Reason I say this is you don't swim one way to save your life and another way to compete, and this is probably true for all life-skills.

-(Courtesy: SK)

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

The Wheel of Misforture (Shooter's error chart)

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

MORE TIPS ON TRIGGER CONTROL:

Having gone through the above basics, let us now discuss in detail the topic of TRIGGER CONTROL.

All standard triggers can be grouped into two categories: singe-stage or two-stage. A single-stage trigger, as the name suggests, features a constant resistance to trigger pressure applied by the shooter. Once the requisite force has been applied, the hammer is released to contact the firing pin and thus fire the pistol (or rifle). A two-stage trigger, as found on many military and military-style firearms, features an initial stage of minimal resistance to the shooter's trigger pressure, followed by a final stage of greater resistance until hammerfall.

In learning how to shoot your pistol effectively, you must first determine whether your pistol's trigger is a single-stage or a two-stage trigger.

How?

By dry-firing your pistol, after confirming, both visually and tactilely, that the chamber is empty and all ammunition has been removed from the rifle. In fact, you should never fire a rifle for the first time with a round in the chamber without first teaching your mind and body about its trigger via a few dry-fire executions.

Steps in dry-firing:

1) Confirm that the pistol is completely unloaded, both as to its ammunition storage and its storage.

2) With the pistol pointed in a safe direction (remember- all firearms are always loaded, even when you have confirmed that all ammo is removed), disengage the mechanical safety and slowly press the trigger, after assuming a proper shooting position.

3) Cycle the pistol's action manually to recock the hammer and prepare for the next dry-fire "shot".

4) Confirm that your shooting position is still proper.

5) Slowly press the trigger, and repeat 3 and 4 once again.

Note that I say "press" the trigger, rather than the more common "pull the trigger." The key to successful trigger operation is for the shooter to deliver into the trigger/hammer mechanism just enough energy to cause the hammer to be released without causing the handgun to move at all via the shooter's exertions.

Too much energy and the pistol will move, thus causing your shot to move from the intended point of impact.

Similarly, when you provide the wrong type/direction of energy into the trigger/hammer mechanism, you will also cause your shot to go other than where you intended.

So what is the right type and direction of energy for a proper trigger press? Consider the following factors:

1) Trigger finger placement: You should never have the front surface of your pistol's trigger any deeper along your trigger finger than the crease of the index finger's first knuckle. Better still is to place only the very tip of your trigger finger against the front surface of the trigger.

In the illustration above, proper trigger finger placement would be between the first crease (labelled "bent finger") and the end of the shading in that first finger segment. As long as the shooter can get sufficient muscle power, the optimal trigger placement would be on the finger tip at the end of the shading.

2) Direction of effort: As you begin your trigger press sequence, the musular effort should be directed into the trigger face parallel to the centerline of the pistol's bore. Straight back and only straight back.

3) Quality and quantity of effort: Remember, all you want to do is deliver sufficient energy into your trigger so that the spring pressure energy of the pistol's hammer is transferred to the firing pin. The delivery of that energy should be done as smoothly as you can possibly muster, and the pressure that you apply to the trigger's face should be very, very gradual.

One way to practice this is to take the tip of your trigger finger between the index finger and thumb of their other hand. Slowly squeeze the trigger finger tip such that you can barely feel the increase of pressure. Doing so helps to illustrate, in a tactile way, the quality and quantity of pressure needed to achieve a successful trigger press.

Courtesy: http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

ON BREATHING CONTROL

Courtesy: http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com

As suggested by the illustration above, one of the key parts of firing a good deliberate shot, especially at intermediate and long range, is breaking it during the pause between inhalation and exhalation.

At most, you have around five seconds (+/- 2) during that trough where your sight picture (and hence your shot) will not be affected by your body's movements as you breathe. If you have been exerting yourself, that 4 to 6 second pause becomes maybe 2 or 4 seconds before your brain says, "Time to inhale!"

To make the most of that short period, here are a few tips:

1) If you can, take a few deep breaths before you settle into position for that shot. More breathing means more oxygen in your blood, and that means more time for your respiratory pause.

2) If you find yourself running out of breath, STOP! Your tendency will be to rush your shot, and your accuracy will suffer. Instead, take a deep breath or two, put your sights back on the target, and create a new respiratory pause so that you can make that shot count.

3) If you have really been exerting yourself (say, for example, by running for your life), you may want to use Dave Grossman's autogenic breathing technique:
. . . .
...The breathing technique that is being taught to SWAT teams, police departments, Green Beret battalions, and other elite forces around the world (sometimes referred to as “autogenic breathing”) consists simply of a deep, belly breath: breath in for a four-count,hold for a four-count, breath out for a four-count, hold for a four-count, and repeat three times.

This technique will both calm you and replenish your bloodstream with sufficient oxygen so as to make a steady shot more possible.
. . . .

4) Your dry-fire practice will pay dividends here as well. The more practiced you are at assuming a firing position, establishing your sight picture, and firing an accurate dry-fire shot, the better you will be at the range or in the field. We will discuss dry-fire practice more in detail below.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

EXCELLENT share SA brother. let me say that it will help a lot for those brothers who want to become a excellent shooters. very well and throughly explained.

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

now this is a greatarticle.very detailed!I learned quite a lot.

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Thanks Mustanir Sb for digging out this gold mine for us.

How did I miss it?

We are blessed to have legends such as Col Jawed Umar on this forum. He is a NATIONAL TREASURE. We should learn as much as we possibly can from him.

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

SA wrote:

1) Trigger finger placement: You should never have the front surface of your pistol's trigger any deeper along your trigger finger than the crease of the index finger's first knuckle. Better still is to place only the very tip of your trigger finger against the front surface of the trigger.

In the illustration above, proper trigger finger placement would be between the first crease (labelled "bent finger") and the end of the shading in that first finger segment. As long as the shooter can get sufficient muscle power, the optimal trigger placement would be on the finger tip at the end of the shading.

The above is clear about which part of the finger to place on the trigger. But where on the trigger should I place my finger. The middle part of the trigger or the lower end of the trigger?

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Shooter wrote:
SA wrote:

The above is clear about which part of the finger to place on the trigger. But where on the trigger should I place my finger. The middle part of the trigger or the lower end of the trigger?

Still waiting for the answer to my above question. :text-feedback:

As a penalty, here's one more question:

I have a vague understanding of the word "Heeling"..... which is "applying pressure with the heel of you palm" and it's mainly due to anticipating recoil. I'd appreciate it if you could help explain it further.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

I am bumping this thread and would like all new shooters, especially those who have registered for TGF's Precision Pistol Shooting Coaching Program to go throw the content of this thread and ask as many questions as they want.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

Thank you SA and there are no questions after first run. Will read it again with more concentration and will definately Buzz you for assistance if required.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Worth reading again and again for aspiring deliberate fire shooters. Thanks SA

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

Wow. Great article.
Thanks SA for your effort.

This thread is very helpful

... یقئنا قوت نشان بازی میں ھے ...

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

OK, my next commitment is after two hours...... I can make a post I guess ;)

Given in this thread (in posts above) is a very good guideline for new shooters (and for old as well), however, there are few things that one must keep in mind, IMHO. My thoughts listed below are an outcome of my previous 5 years experience on various forum.......

:arrow: Gun forums have done something wonderful in educating the new shooters about the art of shooting and no doubt many have benefited......... but
:arrow: What the gun forums have essentially done is to list down all the possible diseases (accurately) and have given an exhaustive list of the medicine needed to control / eradicate those diseases (again, quite accurately). So far so good. What Gun Forums CAN NOT do to a great extent is to identify the disease of a "particular patient" accurately, determine whether a medicine is needed at this stage OR just a preventive measure will do AND FINALLY, if a medicine is needed, than which is the best medicine out of a variety of medicines available? IMHO, it is to an extent beyond the capacity of a forum and for that, one would need a qualified doctor. The dangerous thing here is that since all the information about diseases and medicine is available, a patient might start self medication, determine his disease and take a medicine for that. Or he may get to a doctor who is not really competent and who starts treating him immediately, giving a number of medicines hoping that something would work. This is a dangerous situation and might result in breaking a shooter, confusing him to an extent that despite all his hardwork and money expenses, he doesn't get the results that he wants.
:arrow: This brings me to the point that in the discipline of shooting, "if one is really serious about it", it is very important to have a good instructor. An instructor who has the ability to understand the psyche of a shooter, identify the faults / mistakes accurately, instruct the shooter about the preventive measures to overcome the problem and IF NECESSARY, recommend a correct dose of medicine to overcome the disease. Therefore, shooting is not just about reading a few good articles / advises on internet. During the past five years I have seen a number of shooters; some of them reaching a level of excellence, some of them marginally improving (far less comparing to the effort and resources put in), a few hardly improving and some breaking down into a confused person who is not clear what to do.

This, in nutshell, is my experience of interacting with a large number of shooter (new and old) on the forums. Please be careful, there is a lot of material available. You must read all of it and enhance your knowledge but do not get into "self medication". While selecting an instructor, must check his level of competence / abilities. When that has been done, follow the advise of your instructor. Do not take advise from every second person that you come across.

Now coming to a few things discussed in this thread.

:arrow: The shooter's error wheel is to be understood in correct perspective. As per my limited understanding, it is not an all encompassing remedy. First, the errors given in the wheel do not all the time happen due to the reasons given in it. There could be other reasons too though the reason given in the wheel are more likely. Secondly, IT IS NOT TO BE APPLIED ON NOVICE SHOOTERS. In order to benefit from this wheel, a shooter needs to be at a certain level of proficiency. He has to have a certain level of consistency in his shooting and only then, this wheel can help him. Novice shooters commit multiple errors and it is far difficult for an instructor to determine a reason "accurately" for the errors being committed during shooting. At this stage, I have experienced that it is far better to " walk the shooter through" this stage, CONCENTRATING ON THE BASICS. Do not give him any strong medicine, just make follow the drills for acquiring basic skills, strictly.

:arrow: After reaching a certain level of competence, a new shooter starts feeling confident of his abilities and tries to excel at a fast speed (nothing wrong with this thinking). He get too impatient to eradicate a mistake and improve his standard (which is natural). This is an important stage and a wrong medicine at this stage can break a shooter. "It's very important to walk the shooter through this stage". While he must retain his exuberance and dedication to improve, he must not get too impatient. This is where a good instructor plays a critical role. I have seen many shooters breaking off during this period and the result is that they seldom cross a certain level of proficiency in shooting. It's quite common.

Therefore, its important to have a focused range session. The sessions organised by TGF are a blessing for many new shooters and they must make full use of them. THE ONLY THING TO REMEMBER IS THAT YOU HAVE TO WALK IT THROUGH (NOT RUN), FOLLOW THE BASICS AND AVOID TAKING MEDICINES, UNLESS SUGGESTED BY A QUALIFIED DOCTOR.

One last thing is that one would need to go through this (and other threads like this) multiple times in order to grasp the things comprehensively.

best regards :)

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

This is what diffrentiate TGF from all other forums I have seen. I have never experienced such selfless dedication by the Moderators, M. Comm and most of the members.

I salute my virtual teacher KBW Sir and though my comments are few but learning is many many times more.

Thank you SA for creating such a platform where one can find all guns related information and beyond at one place.

Cheers!

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

What a brilliant and elaborate article - SA that really does click a few things...

And as usual, KBW, I completely understand where you're coming from... :)

This page will be open on my browser tab for a few days at least till I go through this article enough times to be able to recall it while I'm shooting at the range...

Thanks guys...

Cheers...

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Thank you SA and KBW sb. for giving online lessons with such a informative post. :handgestures-salute:

Profile E-mail  

Rifleman

A very Gr8 share..... very comprehensive ...

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Another good reference site for shooting basics.
http://www.bullseyepistol.com

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

HMR wrote:
Another good reference site for shooting basics.
http://www.bullseyepistol.com

Took a lot of time in going through the various links mentioned in here...but few were described so well that I enjoyed the hours :)

Thanks HMR...

Cheers...

Profile E-mail