THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:41 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Lower left trend?

Standard Shot

Good day Friends,

Yesterday I broke in my new Glock 30S and had surprising results.

I am not a good shooter by any stretch of the imagination, but when I shoot my Shadow at 15 meters,my shots are in the black with no discernible (at least by me) pattern.

However with my new glock, the 25 rounds I shot showed a very clear tendency: 20 shots lined up in a diagonal starting from the center of the target to the lower end of the target at a 7/8 o'clock angle. 5 got lost somewhere, I can only assume outside the lower left end of the target.

My friend also shot 25 rounds and got a much more centered result (group centered in the left-right direction, with some variation up and down)

What do you think my variation is caused by?

Thanks!
Mre.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Lower left trend?

Sharp Shooter

If you post the picture of the target it would be easier for the experienced members to share views. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

Lower left was very common to me in my initial shooting days. You can check pages 1&2 in my not so straight shooting thread! It is related to flinching and jerking in anticipation of recoil. You need to keep your eyes fiercely focused on front sight, and you must know where the sights were when you break your shot. This will help. Forget the recoil impact, just focus on breathing, front sight, and trigger squeeze.

(Great Boxer Muhammad Ali).

Standard Shot

Saif wrote:
Lower left was very common to me in my initial shooting days. You can check pages 1&2 in my not so straight shooting thread! It is related to flinching and jerking in anticipation of recoil. You need to keep your eyes fiercely focused on front sight, and you must know where the sights were when you break your shot. This will help. Forget the recoil impact, just focus on breathing, front sight, and trigger squeeze.

I finally got a chance to go and shoot again on Sunday and try your recommendations. It actually helped a lot to bring my groups to be more centred in slow deliberate fire. Front sight focus, grip, generally being less tense in the shoulders, but mainly progressively squeezing the trigger and waiting for the shot to break.

The Glock trigger is really hard actually compared to the Shadow.

I don't know if it makes sense, but after shooting the Glock focusing on trigger work, shooting the Shadow was a breeze and I probably shot some of my personal best groups, well centrered and tighter than usual.

Thanks for the advice!

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

You are very welcome.
I know what you mean when you talk of the Shadow trigger feel after shooting the Glock.

(Great Boxer Muhammad Ali).

Sniper

shadow is a combat grade target gun and glock is a workhorse grade combat gun. both top their own list. shadow is a very forgiving gun due to finesse in its internals where as glock is not so. lower left and streak at 7-8 o clock is probably due to lose grip and tucked not so high in comb of ur hand if u can make a video of it and see what happens after about 15 shots. have you noticed urself regripping after 3 or 4 consecutive shots?? or is there more space and looser grip under middle finger and tighter grip under finger when streaking happens??? if that is so then u will also notice the firing finger at differet place than when you started shooting.
i had the same problem, i took a small pencil eraser and pasted it with tape right under the pinky. try that. either small hands or longer hands make this happen. in shadow this never happens due to severely designed grip by shooters.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail