THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:10 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Give your opinion on Budget Target Pistol

Shooter

In Pakistan we have only a few options for target shooting, many of them are not affordable for many of us . Which one of the following will you choose for target shooting under 100k .
CZ-75ts 100K+ SO PUT IT ASIDE (not an option)

1 Taurus pt99/92
2 sp01 shadow
3 canik piranha f
4 608 taurus .357

Which one of the above is the most accurate and you will pick for competition shooting if on a budget.

Mod Edit: Topic shifted to Competition Guns and Accessories Section.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Give your opinion.

Shooter

sp 01 is best for target shooting but its around 120k in karachi
in ur budget and list pt92/99 is best its 76k in karachi.

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

Brother for target shooting you will need a GOOD gun and the least costly is the shadow standing at 120k plus
next in line is the TS which is around 145k plus.

The piranha cannot be termed as a target pistol, but you can do basic shooting with the taurus.
lastly the .357 taurus is a self defence gun.

you should keep your mind for a good gun.. and taurus pt 99 is a very good choice with the adjustable sights. go for it. after 20000 rounds you may have to change the gun.. till then learn the basics, practice on them and lastly do the grouping exercises at shorter range. Then when you can make a very small group then you should go for TS that is the only viable good and affordable gun.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

@Bilal
Brother you will have to set a clear cut preference, ie, budget or shooting performance. If you set shooting performance / accuracy as the preference than you will have to enhance your budget a little. Moreover, you will also have to decide that what type of shooting discipline you want to undertake. If you are looking for serious bull's eye target shooting than you will have to get a .22 LR Match pistol plus a .32 if you intend taking part in big bore also.

A 9mm has no place in serious bull's eye competitions and mind you, National Championship has only bull's eye matches. However, if you are looking for a gun which can do IPSC style or Thothi type matches and can also do informal / unofficial big bore matches than a 9mm is good enough in which a suggested priority could be (based on my personal experience) TS, Shadow, CZ 85, CZ 75B, Taurus PT99, Canik. .357 Mag is not a target shooting caliber, however, if you are looking at shooting .38 Spec W/C ammo than a Taurus 608 with 6" barrel is a good option, for only informal bull's eye matches. Due to slow rate of fire, it has no place in IPSC or Thothi or similar matches.
Hope it helps.

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

KBW wrote:
@Bilal
Brother you will have to set a clear cut preference, ie, budget or shooting performance. If you set shooting performance / accuracy as the preference than you will have to enhance your budget a little. Moreover, you will also have to decide that what type of shooting discipline you want to undertake. If you are looking for serious bull's eye target shooting than you will have to get a .22 LR Match pistol plus a .32 if you intend taking part in big bore also.

A 9mm has no place in serious bull's eye competitions and mind you, National Championship has only bull's eye matches. However, if you are looking for a gun which can do IPSC style or Thothi type matches and can also do informal / unofficial big bore matches than a 9mm is good enough in which a suggested priority could be (based on my personal experience) TS, Shadow, CZ 85, CZ 75B, Taurus PT99, Canik. .357 Mag is not a target shooting caliber, however, if you are looking at shooting .38 Spec W/C ammo than a Taurus 608 with 6" barrel is a good option, for only informal bull's eye matches. Due to slow rate of fire, it has no place in IPSC or Thothi or similar matches.
Hope it helps.

I was about to write something along these lines, but I would not have done it as well as you KBW :)

Basically a nice Ruger or Browing buckmark, or a revolver in 38. would be my choice in your case. I have to say that I
was initially planning to spend more time practicing accuracy with my 22lr, but in the end I realise I most often go and have fun with my Shadow at 15m. :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Give your opinion on Budget Target Pistol

Shooter

So my only option is cz85 in 9mm.
So you are saying that for options available in PK following are the most accurate in order .
75ts
shadow
cz85
CZ75B
PT99
piranha f.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

bilal wrote:
So my only option is cz85 in 9mm.
So you are saying that for options available in PK following are the most accurate in order .
75ts
shadow
cz85
CZ75B
PT99
piranha f.
Not necessarily. This was a general comment. It is very much possible that a well tuned / well adjusted CZ 75B shoots far better than a CZ TS for a particular shooter. Generally speaking however, a CZ 75 TS will shoot more accurately than a standard 75B.

You have not clarified the use, yet. Are you interested in a proper competition gun or just a general purpose gun which can be used in informal competitions. It's important to clarify this point as the choice will vary and as I mentioned earlier, a 9mm pistol has hardly any use in serious competition shooting.

In 9mm, other than pistols mentioned above, may have a look at Sarsilmaz K12 as well. :)

regards

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

Sir KBW i am interested for a 9mm only for informal comps and toothis .
For SD/HD i have beretta 92fs centurion and for CC a .32acp astra so i am only looking one for the reason mentioned above.

Price of cz75b and cz85 will be appreciated , only pindi , lahore ans peshawar market.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Bilal Bro consider CZ-85 Combat. It has adjustable sights which are a must for precision shooting. It'll cost 80 to 85k in Lhr and Peshawer.

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

Salam All,
CANIK Piranha F without a doubt, I have seen people who can't shoot worth anything knock plates at 25 meters with a Piranha. Verify with Rotorcraft.

Profile E-mail