THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:41 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Re: DSA TRUSHOT: Range Review & Report

I was reading Toyota history. The Japanese government reposed a lot of trust in the company. Half of their vehicles during war time broke down on their way to the Army stores enroute. See where Toyota is today. Had the government not bought their stuff initially Toyota would have not have lived to see the day. I wish our government and people understand this.

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

Sir I fully agree with you if the product is good enough than local companies must be trusted. But is DSA Trushot really robust, reliable and durable enough to be an official sidearm of an LEA? If it is than by all means Police should go for it but if it is not than we are talking of public money here and a job which requires a reliable, durable and robust weapon. Just my two cents.

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

I agree 1000% with u six shooter. If everyone keeps on assuming negative without risking to give it a try, no industry could flourish. Being an avid dsa user and keping in view their huge military contract I was pretty much sure of their quality. In yesterday's session I fired 80 rounds of surplus POF2Z bullets on trushot. No fte or ftf was seen bringing the total round count to 230 in less than 10 days. Many people hardly fire 25 rounds through their whole life. What I'm trying to explain is that trushot fulfills the purpose of budget self defense weapon among its contemporaries

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

What more durability and reliability testament is required? I have seen Vikings and cz's with broken firing pins and damaged recoil spring after firing pof2z and Chinese red box ammo. Many handguns fail to cycle POF2Z bullet due to its high powder content

Profile E-mail  

Agreed Viper bro. Quality and reliability is a must, specially in case of guns. And I may not rate Tru shot at part with imported guns but it's certainly much better than the desi copies and clones. I just hope we have good local weapons available to us that are reliable.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

I would love to try this weapon. I have been disappointed many a times with DSA products but hoping my experience will be similar to Mohammad Bro.
May I ask its price and if it's commercially available?

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Mohammad wrote:
I agree 1000% with u six shooter. If everyone keeps on assuming negative without risking to give it a try, no industry could flourish. Being an avid dsa user and keping in view their huge military contract I was pretty much sure of their quality. In yesterday's session I fired 80 rounds of surplus POF2Z bullets on trushot. No fte or ftf was seen bringing the total round count to 230 in less than 10 days. Many people hardly fire 25 rounds through their whole life. What I'm trying to explain is that trushot fulfills the purpose of budget self defense weapon among its contemporaries
This could be the criteria for a self defence gun (meeting the bare minimum requirements) but not at all for a gun required for LEAs. They don't look for budget self defence guns per se. They are looking for reliable, robust and long lasting guns that perform above average in functionality tests. BTW, an imported chinese or turkish gun, when imported in bulk for LEAs (with exemption of taxes), costs less than the market price for DSA Trushot.

It will be a far cry to consider this gun for a serious task like side arm for LEAs. This gun still has to prove its worth in the market and that will take time. As regards a self defence low budget gun for individuals, I think this is an option worth considering.
regards

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

@KBW u r very right in your statement. For trushot to establish name as a durable firearm it will have to forge its repute. I think after tax exemption the per unit price is very low.

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Looks a nice gun. Is it 100% made in Pakistan or some imported parts also used?

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

The disappointment from dsa has always been expected.. they seem to want to make money faster than reputation. Plus the whole dsa pistol.. seen it.. seems to be built with just no idea of what is desired.. they just wanted to make a pistol.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail  

@Mohammad, any update on the Trushot? Thanks

Profile E-mail