THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:02 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: SARSILMAZ KLINC 2000 (from the Cat to the Sword)

Marksman

Hello Guys,

This thread is dedicated to my journey from the Caracal F (the Cat) to the Sarsilmaz Klinc 2000 (the Sword). In this thread I will be reviewing the Turkish Klinc on various different factors from time to time.

Well, lets start this by the discussion how I landed with a Kilinc 2000. I was a more than satisfied user of Caracal F despite its bycott and rejection by most of the senior shooters. I had shot over 2500 rounds with the desert cat and had participated in precision shooting and tactical shooting drills with it over time. It was my EDC as well. I was very confident carrying the Caracal F with one in the pipe.

About a month ago, Caracal issued yet another recall for both models F and C (in USA only ofcourse since that's the only piece of land on this entire planet where valuable human beings are left). Rest we are all vegetables so our lives and safety don't really matter. This was done by mailing letters to all Caracal owners.

The manufacturers strictly instructed NOT TO SHOOT OR LOAD the weapon. So after that, despite how many shots I had fired through it and no matter how much I had trusted it, I had to change the weapon.

As a matter of principal I didn't want to sell it to get resold in the market to someone else. I was kinda stuck...tough situation...even though my office colleagues were willing to offer me decent amounts for it, I couldn't not have passed the disease to them.... in frustration, thought of writing some bitter words to the Cat Management. I did so, and wrote again and wrote again... they finally replied and I was supposed to be contacted by their distributor. That never happened, after weeks of coordination with them I realized that its worthless expecting anything out of the Caracal Management.

I was just window shopping through the market past Saturday and that's when I came across Klinc 2000, the Turkish version of CZ75, prepared by collaboration of Tangfolio (the Italians) and state owned weapon producers Sarsilmaz (the Turks). Many like to refer to the Kilinc as a Clone of CZ75, where as in reality its a cousin of the Tangfolio TZ75. The affair is pretty much the same as the Beretta/Cougar and Stoeger/Cougar. In USA Market, this gun is sold as Armalite Ar24 with slightly different finish, sights and grips.

I was reviewing between a Canikk L120 and Kilinc 2000 and after about 30 minutes of very detailed analysis and comparing both to an actual CZ75B, I felt in love with the Turkish Tank (the Sword, Kilinc 2000).

Trying my luck, I went to Tayabally, the official representatives of Caracal in Pakistan and asked them how much they would buy my Caracal F for. They offered me a decent price so I sold my gun right there... the legalities took all the time till day before yesterday when I finally got my hands on my NIB Kilinc 2000.

Why did I sell my gun to Tayabally? well because they are supposed to sell back the gun to Caracal F and they get their refunds from them (full price as far as the rumors go)

Anyhow, that's the start of this thread, next I'll be sharing a bit about the technical specifications of the beast.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SARSILMAZ KLINC 2000 (from the Cat to the Sword)

Congratulations and thanks for the review. Looking forward to more news on the sword.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Thank you six_shooter, next I''ll be sharing specs of this beast

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Congrats...good that you changed your weapon. Very bad of Caracal and as expected for us (vegetables). Waiting for review.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

Congrats DR and hope Kilinc will serve you better. Waiting for detailed gun review and a gun review is not complete without range report.

Any luck of joining at range this Sunday i.e. tomorrow?

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Congrats DR

-Spartan-

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Thank You NR, Optimus and Wajeeh Hasan... Am dying for a range session and will try level best for tomorrow IA...You guys going to ASCC or Ranger's Club?

This is barely a review NR :-) Like I said... there's more coming up and that depends on my trip to the range

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Time to share the specifications of the turkish sword, Kilinc 2000

Total length of the gun: 8.26 inches
Barrel length: 4.67 inches
Total height: 5.5 inches
Grip width: 1.33 inches
weight of the gun: 1010 grams (yes its a heavy one)
Min. Barrel firing life: 25000 rounds
Magazine capacity: 15+1
Safety Systems: Manual Safety, Firing Pin Block, and Hammer safety
Firing system: Double Action
Single Action trigger weight: 3.8 pounds
Frame and Slide: Alloyed Forged Steel Blued
Barrel: Alloyed Forged Steel Chrome

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

DR- We will be at Rangers shooting Club tomorrow.

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

congrats deathrow

indeed this is a good gun

... یقئنا قوت نشان بازی میں ھے ...

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

Congratulations DR.
All steel construction is my favourite, and I am glad you got it that way.
How is the trigger?
Let us know when you get to shoot it.

(Great Boxer Muhammad Ali).

Shooter

what is price difference between klinc 2000 and cz 75 as cz 75 slightly used one in good condition is well below 100k

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

NR.... Oh, and I have got my schedule with the boys for ASCC....thought you guys might be going there...

Malik786...a CZ75B is currently going for 130k NIB...I got Kilinc for 65k so the price difference is exactly 100% (or two times)

Saif... The double action trigger I won't comment about as yet...But the single action is Sweet and very very nice... I actually compared the triggers of Canikk C100, Shark, L120 and and an actual CZ75B at the shop....If not better, I found the trigger of the Kilinc closest thing to the 75B...

And guys, guess what...the Kilinc is going to be my EDC as well... I left home today at about 3:30 pm and got back about an hour back..(almost 10 hours). I drove, I walked, I sat down, met people, walked around more, crossed roads, offered my prayers and was very comfortable carrying the Turkish Sword through out... I was wearing a simple T-shirt with Normal fit and the gun was not making and strong impressions...I was able to carry it very comfortably with hammer manually decocked and safety engaged.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

Good luck and will be waiting for range report and target pics.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Finally, this is it...what everyone here has been waiting for... range report for Kilinc 2000, the Turkish sword...

I had no plans of going to the range today but late evening yesterday, a cherry popping range session was scheduled for today morning.

The session was a well planned one
- 20 x shots of China red box in 4 strings of 5 shots each at 25 meters
- 20 x shots of POF 1z in 4 strings of 5 shots each at 25 meters
- Some tactical shooting using S&B JHP 115 grain

As usual, the plan was made to reach the range early morning but we made it when the heat was at it max and the scorching sun was blazing on our heads. The time was around 12:30 pm and condition extremely windy...

- 20 x shots of China red box (311) in 4 strings of 5 shots each at 25 meters

Below is the group that I got from China Red Box (311). Tell you what guys, I was just shocked to see the accuracy of this gun. I regular score from 25 meters is between 125 to 140 out of 200. No hiccups faced during these 20 shots. All 3 magazines were used and they performed flawlessly.

All shots were within the black circle except one... It was a flier due to the harsh winds else all would have easily been inside the black circle. The score was 158 / 200 which is the highest I have scored till this point from 25 meters. I have shot many many handguns and I think this just might be the most accurate gun I must have ever shot. The trigger is extremely nice and considering that this is an NIB weapon, the trigger is supposed to get much much better after about 300 shots (as mentioned in other international forum reviews).

- 20 x shots of POF 1z in 4 strings of 5 shots each at 25 meters

By now I was getting the hang of this beautiful Turkish sword and I started to understand it a bit better. The results were as evident in the pictures below:

I just beat my high score again, scoring a total of 168 / 200 this time and trust me, I was so not expecting this. Please note, all shots in the black circle. In my heart I was just praying that the Turkish Sword (Kilinc ) turns out to be equally accurate as Caracal F if not better. I had never scored this high with my Caracal. During my last range session about 2-3 weeks ago I scored between 125-130 / 200 from 25 meters (using the Caracal F).

No hiccups were faced during this string as well. One interesting observation, the pistol was extracting the cases atleast 15 feet away. Much further away as compared to the usual guns.

- Some tactical shooting using S&B JHP 115 grain

I shot some S&B JHPs 114 grain to see if the gun is capable of cycling hollow points. All shots were made in rapid fire mode and again, dead accurate with no hiccups faced.

For those who might consider this gun to participate in precision shooting competitions, there's something I would like to bring into your information.

If you observe in the image above, the pistol has combat sights, which means the sights are pretty thick and big. Such sights help in tactical shooting and quick acquisition of target. However I feel If the sights were like those of the actual CZ 75B in which the dots are pretty small, that would help in shooting this gun more accurately at long distances.

I won't say that the sights are bad and there's room for improvement. That's the general feedback you would find on on other forums about the Kilinc's sights. Remember that this is military weapon (Official sidearm of the Turkish Army) and they have made the sights for combat purposes and not precision shooting. For that purpose the circles of sights have been made big and obvious for quicky target acquisition.

How do I wrap this up? All in all, not only am I satisfied with the superb performance of the Kilinc, I am actually delighted...

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

Excellent shooting, regardless of gun potential.
All guns are accurate. Some guns are easier to shoot accurately with. I am sure you found that out first hand today. After all, the design here has a powerful bloodline.

Welcome to dark czide!!

Marksman

Oh yes Saif, you just said the right words for it....All guns are accurate, Some guns are easier to shoot accurately with...

I fell in love with CZs even before I purchased my first handgun. Now I have realized that I can never spare enough funds to get an actual one... But the Kilinc 2000 has got me there Alhumdulillah.

You have to shoot a string or two with the Kilinc to actually believe me...The CZ platforms have now become like the 1911s .... The practical success that the CZ designs have achieved have now turned them into platforms that are being adapted by gun manufacturers worldwide.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

Your Kilink might actually be better than standard CZ 75B in finish and build quality. So as long as you are not thinking of a SP01 Shadow, you dont need to think about CZs at all now.
Enjoy your new baby!!

Marksman

Thankyou Saif,

Shadow SP01 was my first love... but then I realized that it doesn't have a firing pin block... I only have only handgun...and that needs to serve me as my range gun, my tactical shooting gun and my EDC... since the licenses are shut forever and it doesn't look as if they are going to open for another decade or so, my one handgun needed to fulfill all my requirements.

Alhumdulillah the Kilinc is doing a wonderful job at that.... However if I had the funds and licenses, I would love to own a Shadow and a CZ P01 ...

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

Excellent results DR. Glad to know that you are satisfied with your purchase.

You should try visiting RSSC and hopefully you will not find any hindrence affecting performance.

Looking forward to see you scoring 190+ soon.

Good luck!

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

The more time you spend with your gun the more you better know her and her behavior.
Youre off to a good start ISA you will score better with passage of time.

-Spartan-

Profile E-mail  

Thanks for the range report. This is really impressive shooting. You will soon be shooting in the 180 range. Forget the Shadow, this thing adequately makes up for it. Spend money on ammo instead.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Thank you all for your kind words and appreciation... NR, sure thing, I have not been to the rangers range so far, lets schedule a session some time... Sorry about yesterday, Couldn't join you.. actually the session had already been scheduled...

190+ would be a bit too ambitious NR :? but I suppose I can aim for perhaps 180+ .... With this gun I believe alot more potential has been unleashed... which means I need to practice much much more now... and as per my observation the deviations were all my mistakes due to the perfect sight picture... I need to learn to be much more calm and patient, need to learn to stabilize and maintain focus on the front sight, ensuring its dead center...

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

Congrats Deathrow. Are the performance parts of CZ interchangeable with Kilink?

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Thanks TXshooter.... I don't think so... The Kilinc is basically the Tangfolio TZ75 which made a few little changes in their design... But can be checked.... The grips are interchangeable...that I can say because I checked... for remaining parts, no idea...

Profile E-mail