THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:16 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAIKAL MP153, 12G SEMI AUTO > Review & Pattern Testing

Master at Arms

hunter468 wrote:
BTW what are the approximate custom/duty charges if i order a pair of chokes online from colonial or trulock

Colonial Arms and Trulock chokes range from 16-55 $ each, depends what model you buy. If you are going for extended ported chokes than they are the most expensive and in the range of 45-55$. You will have to keep your order below 100 $ or will have to get an export permit from host country if the order is over 100 $. The duty will be in the range of 2-4 k, depending upon the order value. Good luck :)

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

KBW wrote:
hunter468 wrote:
BTW what are the approximate custom/duty charges if i order a pair of chokes online from colonial or trulock

Colonial Arms and Trulock chokes range from 16-55 $ each, depends what model you buy. If you are going for extended ported chokes than they are the most expensive and in the range of 45-55$. You will have to keep your order below 100 $ or will have to get an export permit from host country if the order is over 100 $. The duty will be in the range of 2-4 k, depending upon the order value. Good luck :)

thnx for helping out buddy
well i am interested in "golden sporting clay Titanium Nitrate Coated chokes@ 28.50 us$ " or standard sporting clay choke tubes @ 24.95 US$.(if any body has any experience/knowledge about the two then please share,you can also suggest other better options available)
i am not interested in ported ones as i own a baikal sporting in 28" ported barrels and the barrel porting itself is enough to knock the recoil and muzzle flip 8-)
+1 last thing,how duty is paid and does the order arrives at our door step,or we have to collect it

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

KBW bro, any specific reason for choosing Hiviz over easyhit? I'm asking because im confused in ordering. reason behind the confusion is that the easyhit is put on the rib with a glued tap... where as the hiviz has an extension which can be fitted on the rib......

Which one to choose? need ur feedback before placing the order.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Haider bhai, I have been using HiViz magnetice sights for some time now and I feel comfortable with them during hunting. They can be removed any time one feels like, eg, during cleaning etc and perform quite well during low light conditions. All my friends are also using Hiviz sights. I won't be able to comment on Easyhit sights as I have never used them. Sorry about that bro. :)

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Did u get them locally or u placed order through internet?

I'm also inclined towards hiviz because gluing something on and then taking it might cause problem in long run whereas magnetic grip sounds more promising.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

@haider
I purchased them from Brownels. However, when I placed the order second time, Brownels showed their inability to ship the same to Pakistan. As per them, their is a restriction from the company to ship their products to Pakistan. :(

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

KBW wrote:
@haider
I purchased them from Brownels. However, when I placed the order second time, Brownels showed their inability to ship the same to Pakistan. As per them, their is a restriction from the company to ship their products to Pakistan. :(

They are not consistent. Once they canceled my order of Glock trigger parts and informed me. I again placed the order for the same parts coupled with other items. Order was shipped without any issue :)

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

@ Shariq, thanks for the input. Same thing happened with

@ KBW bhai, sorry for bugging u again and again, please have a look at the link below and let me know if its the same thing u ordered. Secondly, i want to put this on Baikal MP153, i think narrow grip will fit the strip?

If u order from brownells, they have M300 -400 & 500, which one did u bought?

http://www.amazon.com/HiViz-Narrow-Magn ... 357&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/HiViz-Magnetic-Fi ... 357&sr=1-6

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Haider bhai, I bought the M300. That comes with 2 extra pipes. :)

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

@KBW Bhai, I'm sorry as i am bugging u again n again.... i was going to order M300 and was looking for recoil pads and suddenly, it struck me that u posted a pic of stuff u ordered.

u ordered small DECELERATOR or medium? asking because i am going to order one and i'm not sure which will fit.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Haider bhai, you are always welcome. I ordered med size recoil decelerator. :)

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

U ordered medium because of length of pull? or the stock fitting size? asking because my length of pull is 14 , anything over it doesn't feel right where as the medium is suitable for person using 15/16 length of pull.

I was measuring the dimensions given on the site for medium and small and there's hardly 2 cm difference.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

I believe the small mediun and large refer to the size of butt stock they fit.NOT the thickness that will effect the length of pull.
Look at the spec sheet carefully and confirm the pad thickness.
Pads come 1/2" to 1 1/4 " thick, and can be purchased in small medium and large to fit the buttstock on grind to fit as well as Pre FIT Pads

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

That's right. The sizes relate to but stock. Med size fits the but stock of MP153.

Haider bro, this recoil decelarator will add 1" to the length of pull. MP153 length of pull would be 15" with this recoil pad on. If it is more for you, you may not go for this recoil pad and buy a good quality one that replaces the fixed factory pad of your MP153.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Thanks LAGs and KBW.... im more inclined towards slip on pads because its easy to use.... i have been comparing limbersaver, DECELERATOR and 2 other brands. So far, im inclined towards DECELERATOR. If you guys have any better option, please let me know. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

@haider
Your problem here is of length of pull. A slip on recoil decelerator will increase the length of pull which will not be to your liking. And if you remove the factory recoil pad to compensate for the increase in length of pull and install a slip on pad than the advantage of using a slip on recoil pad is lost, ie, you cant take it off when needed. :)

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

I use limbsaver Decelerator and Pachmyer on my guns.
But I do the grind to fit, and cut the stock to fit the length of pull I want with the pad on.
I have the disc sander to shape the pad, and a pad mounting Jig to get the angle of the pad toe correct.
I would go broke if I had to take them to have them done by a gunsmith, and I would go crazy waiting for the gun to be delivered back to me.
Our gunsmiths make you wait like 4 to 6 weeks just to get a pad put on.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

LAGS /KBW, how would u rate Beretta AL 390 mallard gold? Is it worth buying if its almost brand new? means hardly 10 rounds fired so far?

As for the slip on pads, KBW bhai, ur right, i have to consider LAGS advice of grinding the stock to put on the slip on pad with Baikal original pad...

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

@ haider
Are you going to do the work yourself or have it done somewhere else ?
It is not that hard and you can do it with simple hand tools, Like a hand saw, Masking tape and sandpaper on a block of wood.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Defiantly LAGS, i will do it myself.... i have made 3 stocks before (Home Made) lol.....Do u think striping down the stock to fit the slip on pad is worth it?

I also would like to know if u or KBW had any experience or knowledge about Beretta AL390? asking because a friend is offering me on a very low price and its almost brand new. I searched the net but still confused.

Im sorry, KBW Bhai, i'll start a new thread or will PM you guys for any queries, i didn't mean to high jack ur thread.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

@ Haider
You are not going to strip off the finish ,Just to put a recoil pad on it are you.
The stock can be cut and the old butt plate can be refit without having to refinish the butt stock.
I do it all the time for my guns and for others.
I would suggest you try that first and if you screw up the finish, THEN strip it down and refinish it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Baikal MP-153 > Pattern & Spread Discussion

Marksman

KBW / LAGS, instead of shortening the stock, how about if i remove the original pad, put a butplate of about 2-3 inches and then put on the slip on pad? it will save me from wood work.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

@ Haider
What is the Length of pull you have NOW
What is the Length of pull you WANT
What is the total thickness of the PAD or ButtPlate that is on the stock now.
What is the Total thickness of what you want to install on your gun. Slip on pad, butt plate , Spacers Etc.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pattern Issue in my Baikal MP-153

Newly Registered User

Excellent information :clap: . Of course it would be of great help for me and all other out there who are using Baikal Mp 153 with 28'' Barrel. Keep up the good work.

P.S. Eley Alphamax # 6 and # 7 ; 36 grams always helps to make a prefect pattern. Good Luck

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

@summerdew1980
Welcome to TGF and we hope to learn about your experience with this shotgun. You may also the review of this gun.

http://www.thegunforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=819&start=0

regards

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next