THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:34 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Turkish shotgun and chokes

Shooter

I have a semi automatic shotgun. It's new and made in Turkey by Torun company. I love it too much. It is very handy. I will appreciate anyone who knows something more about this shotgun to share his knowledge both in detail or gross, and please tell me that what kind of differences different chokes have? Is the differences is in their inner surface or in dentation in the tip of choke? And finally how we can differentiate different chokes from their appearance?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Turkish shotgun and chokes

Site Admin

Welcome to TGF Dr. Sheikh.

Torun Arms, Turkey, makes a variety of shotguns in the semi automatic category. Please share which particular model you have. Is it the 506S, 506W, 506Camo, 506Carbon, X1 Sport, X3 Sport, 505 Brilliant, 505 Phantom, 505 Nex, etc etc etc ?

For basic info about chokes, please visit the following discussion threads:

http://thegunforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1762

http://thegunforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1176

Feel free to ask further questions in the relevant threads.

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

Thank you. It is 506 W. Indeed I don't know there is wide range in price of semi automatic shotguns. All of them have a same range, the velocity of pellets are same, all barrels are made from a good alloy so durability is also high between all of them and so on. So why there is difference in their price? between Russian, Italy, French, Turkish or CZ-USA.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Dr.Sheikh wrote:
Thank you. It is 506 W. Indeed I don't know there is wide range in price of semi automatic shotguns. All of them have a same range, the velocity of pellets are same, all barrels are made from a good alloy so durability is also high between all of them and so on. So why there is difference in their price? between Russian, Italy, French, Turkish or CZ-USA.
Dr sahib, Toyota Corolla, Audi and BMW, all have four wheels, one steering, suspension system, engine and so on and all can be used effectively for moving from point A to B. Yet there is a huge difference in price and you know the reason. Same is the case with guns :)

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

You means except, barrel length, trigger and spring plus a good alloy for barrel, is anything else that make a difference between different factory made shotguns?
In my idea just their appearance are different otherwise all of them shot pellets maximum 50 m, with high velocity.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

No. The answer to your question is not simple and requires a book to be written. Please go through the concerned sections and do some reading. I am sure you will find enough material in the concerned sections on the subject. In short; type, material, design and quality / precision of manufacturing, all make the difference and have effect on the price as well as performance of a shotgun or any weapon for that matter .

regards

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

KBW wrote:
No. The answer to your question is not simple and requires a book to be written. Please go through the concerned sections and do some reading. I am sure you will find enough material in the concerned sections on the subject. In short; type, material, design and quality / precision of manufacturing, all make the difference and have effect on the price as well as performance of a shotgun or any weapon for that matter .

regards

OK dear, I'll do so! :techie-studyingbrown: :ugeek: :think:

Profile E-mail