THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Beautiful hunting damascus knives and more... from Germany

Marksman

On the other gun forum http://waffen-welt.de I see that one of the members makes beautiful knives...
All hand-made.

Here his website http://www.messer.monsto.de/
The website is in German only.

I don't know how expensive they are but he offered me one of his beautiful knives for 320 Euros....
not as cheap as at aliexpress.com
:D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Beautiful hunting damascus knives and more... from Germa

Master at Arms

Wow.... these are some fabulous looking knives. Mostly in good quality steel and workmanship is outstanding. There is no price given on the website though and 320 Euro is a pretty steep price for any knife. :)

Profile E-mail  

Really beautiful knives , quite expensive though.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

KBW wrote:
There is no price given on the website though and 320 Euro is a pretty steep price for any knife. :)

this is the knife offered for 320 Euro with boar bone handle:

pic upload

Profile E-mail  

WOW!! That an awesome knife!! Very fine grains (if I may) or layering!

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Mangloo Ramzani wrote:
WOW!! That an awesome knife!! Very fine grains (if I may) or layering!

Layering... He makes a really quality damascus knifes and uses very good steel...

They say...

For me was 320 Euros too much...

I must have the CZ75 Shadow!
Maybe in two weeks I'll have one...
:D

Someone wrote about Egbert (knife maker):
im German:
Quote:
Der Herr, den ich aus zwei anderen Foren (Blade Comunity und Messerforum) kenne und schätze, hat es nicht so mit Public Relations, sondern ist vom Auftritt her eher der Bescheidene.

Deshalb erlaube ich mir zu erklären, das der Herr Egbert hochwertige Nickelstähle (LEO Rohr) mit hochwertigen Kugellagerstählen verschweißt.
Beide haben von Werkzeugstählen abweichende Eigenschaften. Der LEO ist sehr zäh, durch den rel. hohen Ni Anteil. Der Kugellagerstahl bringt etwas Cr mit. Verschweißt ergibt das eine sehr harte Klinge, die eine ausgezeichnete Zähigkeit mitbringt. Die Dinger kann man mit Sicherheit nahezu 90° biegen, ohne einen Bruch zu erleben.
Der Cr in Verbindung mit dem Ni ergibt ein gutmütiges Verhalten Rost gegenüber. Auf Angriffe durch Säuren reagieren diese Stähle mit interessanten Verfärbungen. Zwiebel geschnitten kann das ein schönes Blau sein. Erdbeeren gehen meiner Erfahrung nach ins gelbliche.
Ich habe hier gerade zwei Rohlinge aus der selben KOmbination liegen.....das ist ein traumhafter Stahl, der danach verlangt benutzt zu werden...

Google translate:
Quote:
The gentleman that I know of two other forums (and knife blade Comunity Forum) and guess has it. Less with public relations, but is from the appearance of her more modest

I thus permit me to explain that the Mr Egbert quality nickel steels (LEO pipe) welded with high quality ball bearing steels.
Both have different properties of tool steels. The LEO is very tough, with the rel. high Ni content. The ball-bearing steel has something Cr. Welding results in a very hard blade that brings an excellent toughness. Those things can certainly turn nearly 90 degrees without experiencing a break.
Of Cr in combination with the results compared to a good-natured Ni behavior rust. To attacks by acids such steels react with interesting coloration. Can cut the onion to be a beautiful blue. Strawberries go my experience into yellowish.
I have just two blanks from the same combination lie ..... this is a fantastic steel that calls for it to be used ...

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

Bending a knife on 90 degrees is the ultimate test of its strength; and number of bends on each side tells the quality of bonding of the steel compound. This site is making me jealous of the knifes that are out there.. ;-)
Most of the knife makers are in the trade for earning their bread. Some of them take it as a hobby and really work hard on each and every knife.. THESE people make what a true knife really IS.
I have seen someone make a knife and his words were, "The amount of work on hard steels and easy steels is different but MOSTLY people pay the same amount of profit?", his words are true in every sense and should be taken in context. The hobby knife makers such as Jay fischer and Bob Loveless are leading the trade.. but the prices they quote are WELL beyond the reach of most people, even if they had the money. HOWEVER the knife with DROPLET grain damascus is really worth the money as ball bearing steel 52100 is used and nickel and chromium mix steel used will make it a very interesting thing to see how it cuts and sharpens. I am sure it will hold its sharpness WELL beyond any other knife in hand. Jealousy has set in.. hehehe

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail