THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:44 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Re: BRNO Hybrid .308. Review and Zeroing Report

TGF Managing Committee

KBW wrote:
Enigmatic Desires wrote:
Machine gun barrels are designed for long life and rapid fire. I.e showering bullets since MGs are primarily meant for suppression rather then sniping IMHO.
That is correct that machine gun barrels are manufactured for long life and rapid fire (hence thick barrels). However, barrels do not have the capability of showering bullets. They are made for a specific ammo and they just shoot it out of the muzzle in same direction every time. There are gas ports in the MG barrel which the gunsmith will close while building the rifle. Otherwise, there is no difference in the barrels from shooting point of view. Of course the chambers are to be reamed with precision, using correct tools. If the rifle is built correctly by a competent gunsmith, it will be accurate. My rifle shoots a 0.75 group and has an H&K german barrel. However, if the gunsmith is not good and reliable, one should be ready to loose his eyes and facial beauty. :)

I believe there would be a difference in rifling as well inside the barrel....
?

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

NaveedGhani wrote:
I believe there would be a difference in rifling as well inside the barrel....
What exactly do you mean by difference in rifling? You are talking about type of rifling of rifling etc or the rifling twist rate or something else? As far as I know, most of these MG barrels (and also the barrels of most hunting rifles commonly available in market) have been done with button rifling technique. Rifling twist of most of these barrels is 1:10 (including most hunting / sniper rifles available in market in .308 Win) though few .308 Win barrels can also be found in 1:11 twist rate. MG barrels are surely high quality rifles which are thick as they have to absorb lot of heat that is generated through rapid firing and have gas ports too which the gunsmith must close while building the rifle. So practically, there is hardly any difference, if the caliber is same.

Was there anything else you were hinting at?

regards

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

KBW wrote:
I really like the style of this review and I know it would have taken quite some time to write it. Thanks for the effort Zain bhai.

The rifle looks great and I am glad the project was completed, despite few hiccups.

BTW, caves with pre-historic paintings..... is it a registered archaeological site or nobody knows about it? Are there many such sites there. (I would request not to mention the exact location on open forum). It's really sad to see such archaeologist treasures going wasted and smuggled out of Pakistan by artifact thieves, later to be displayed in personal collections and museums outside Pakistan.

Once again, thanks for the treat. :)

thanks for encouraging words sir.
And glad to see your interest in such archeological sites.
They are more than one in number and none of them is a registered archeological site. The locals have been seeing them from generations . they depicts the hunting scenes and some pictures of goddesses. The old and pre-historic and pre-arian society (Means the society that prevailed prior to invasion of Arian tribes in this region) was a matriarch society and in that society , the religion was also controlled by mostly powerful goddesses and deities. The male gods were few and mostly UN-important. The Arians brought their patriarch society in Indus valley yet the influence of civilized and powerful civilization of Dravadians , the original builders of Indus valley civilization could still be seen in the shape of Sheva (one of the most powerful Hindu god , originally a Daravadian deity ) and the moon shown in the hair of shiva . The moon is the sign of matriarch society.

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

Mustansar , my friend I am grateful for your encouraging words . hope for the successful rimfire shooting competition. thanks again

and thanks to you Six shooter sb , SA, Sky watcher , E.D, NR , naveed Gilani , TX shooter, HMR
I am really grateful for healthy evaluation of my review.
KBW is right in gunsmiths notion if gunsmiths work is not technically done, the hybrid gun is nothing but a bomb waiting to go off when the trigger is pulled . Hope we find the re- placement of gun smith who has gone abroad

Profile E-mail  

TGF Market Guru

KBW wrote:
Enigmatic Desires wrote:
Machine gun barrels are designed for long life and rapid fire. I.e showering bullets since MGs are primarily meant for suppression rather then sniping IMHO.
That is correct that machine gun barrels are manufactured for long life and rapid fire (hence thick barrels). However, barrels do not have the capability of showering bullets. They are made for a specific ammo and they just shoot it out of the muzzle in same direction every time. There are gas ports in the MG barrel which the gunsmith will close while building the rifle. Otherwise, there is no difference in the barrels from shooting point of view. Of course the chambers are to be reamed with precision, using correct tools. If the rifle is built correctly by a competent gunsmith, it will be accurate. My rifle shoots a 0.75 group and has an H&K german barrel. However, if the gunsmith is not good and reliable, one should be ready to loose his eyes and facial beauty. :)

Which is why I would almost certainly never consider procuring a rifle for the barrel that Zain Bhai has so considerately gifted me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: BRNO Hybrid .308 (7.62x51) | Review and Zeroing Report

Site Admin

@ ED,

So what do you plan to do with that barrel?

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

TGF Market Guru

SA wrote:
@ ED,

So what do you plan to do with that barrel?

Let it remain right where it is. In quetta.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

zain wrote:
And glad to see your interest in such archeological sites.
They are more than one in number and none of them is a registered archeological site. The locals have been seeing them from generations . they depicts the hunting scenes and some pictures of goddesses. The old and pre-historic and pre-arian society (Means the society that prevailed prior to invasion of Arian tribes in this region) was a matriarch society and in that society , the religion was also controlled by mostly powerful goddesses and deities. The male gods were few and mostly UN-important. The Arians brought their patriarch society in Indus valley yet the influence of civilized and powerful civilization of Dravadians , the original builders of Indus valley civilization could still be seen in the shape of Sheva (one of the most powerful Hindu god , originally a Daravadian deity ) and the moon shown in the hair of shiva . The moon is the sign of matriarch society.
Thanks for the details Zain bhai. Would love to see these sights some day. In my view, these cave paintings might even be pre-Indus Valley civilization time. During the most part of Indic Civilization, people were living in settlements / small & large size cities.

We have so much of history...... only if we know about it and take measures to preserve it :(

Profile E-mail  

Would love to visit this site whenever I can.

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

you were not home when i came last time. The gun was there but not possible for me to take the gun and shoot it in ur absentia . Save some ammo for me i wanna shoot this beauty when i come next time, please.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

wow excellent thread very time taking effort done ........i wish i had the time to read it full.......lucky you people ...got chance to open TGF today after long time .......handling 6 projects very difficult to manage time for net.

Profile E-mail  

Nice seeing you after a long time engineer sb. Good luck with the projects :)

Profile E-mail