THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: THAR Suggestion

Rifleman

Just a Suggestion
If We Don't Go For Shooting One Sunday And Donate All The Money We Spend There For Fees, Fuel And Bullets Etc.. For The Thar Victims We Can Easily Feed Atleast 1 Family For a Month. Me And A Group Of Friends Are planning To Go To THAR By Ourselves in the coming Week Insha Allah Any One Wants To Join Is More Then Welcome.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: THAR Suggestion

TGF Managing Committee

+1 Machiryara,

The situation is Thar has not arise since the day it is highlighted on the media. The whole area is like that since ages and we should contribute whatever we can, no matter if the contribution is even a wheat bag or even less but it will count.

Best way is to decide a place where all items may be gathered, be it be food, medicine, water or even used clothes, children toys etc with a cut off date so that all willing participants may drop the stuff for segregation n transfer.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Bravo. Lets do it brothers. Count me in for this noble purpose Masha Allah.

Pa Watan zaan qurban dai

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Good initiative Machiyara....
Only yesterday I have already contributed with my part through another NGO but still wish to do as much as I can.
I will again look into it to what else I can do.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

A Noble initiative Machariya. May Allah SwT accept it.

@ All,

I strongly support this effort and would like to vouch for Machariya, whom I know. Any contribution made will go directly to the victims/effectees.

I would request Machariya to post the essential items required and where can members drop them.

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Count me in Brothers...

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

+1 Machiyara.

However, I would like to put forward a discussion here.

Yesterday, I was sitting with my phuppo who is running the Kiran School in Liyari. Mrs. Sabina Khatri has been going into the interior to support such needy people since a very long time, and is also the HoD in HANDS (Health And Nutrition Development Society). While talking with her on Thar's situation, she said that providing food and water and medicines are immediate help that with no doubt they require immediately. But this support is not sustainable. For how long will this continue? This will make the actual people in need, lazy and dependent on this support. She did not deny the act of giving as wrong, but inappropriate in the longer run. However, she did mention that it would be better than the people of Thar are TAUGHT the art of survival, and the people who want to help, can provide them the means for their survival. For example she said, about 6 months back she went to Thar and took a few engineers with her. When they gathered the people in their Awtaak (gathering venue), she started talking about ways to improve their lives. After she had given a number of suggestions, only two families out of the entire crowd agreed to take up their advices. The engineers went to their homes, and in a corner they implemented a hand pump to pull out water from the ground. Surprisingly, the water table was not in too much depth, and water started to come put immediately. This entire venture was free of cost for the Thar people, and the next time she went to Thar like after 2 months, everyone was trying to implement hand pumps in their homes at a very low cost provided by various vendors and donors.

This is the kind of initiative people need to take up on, to be able to make things better in areas like Thar. Although I'll be happy to provide assistance in any form that TGF agrees on, but would like to emphasize on the fact that skills need to be delivered rather than mineral water bottles and flour bags.

My 2 cents only...
Cheers...

Profile E-mail  

Agreed. Very good idea. Please tell me where to drop the things. Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

Rifleman

Good Idea Naveed Ghani That's Why We Are Now Trying To Collect The money and may be we will try to dig some Wells there or do boring for them so they can get a huge quantity of clean drinkable water, As we are just few people and have very less budget, so stll thinking what to do , well we are thinking to go there little late once the Governments Photo Session is finished, ALhamdo lillah our group worked in the earthquake in Manshehra and also in the IDP session in Nowshehra and then when there was flood in KPK.
Remember Us in Your Prayers

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

A very sad situation indeed. Those who are responsible have not been punished and the whole thing is being used to make political entry for a kid who will claim Pakistan as his hereditary right. Unfortunately, many of us will approve of this. :(

I agree with NG. Provision of items that provide the people of Thar means to sustain themselves in future is the best thing we can do. No body was caring for them and now, whole Pakistan wants to send food, eatables etc. You will see many of these eatables sold back in the market and a whole business will start, as it happened in earthquakes in Kashmir / Balochistan and various floods.

If it can be done, it's a great idea to provide them some means of sustaining themselves. :text-bravo:

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

Good initiative Machiyara , please count me in .

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

I am in :)

Rifleman

Insha Allah our team will leave for THAR Coming Friday i.e.28th. March 2014 , for planning and ordering digging of 6 Wells (Kunwa) One Well costs around Rs.1,15000/ we Thankyou all for the co operation and trust. Anyone wants to join the team or have any relatives / friends there who can help us to locate the right place for the wells is more then welcome. JAZAKALLAH

Profile E-mail