THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: MOI (All Pakistan) License > FAQs and latest updates

Marksman

All members are welcome to share their knowldege, Insight and experiences in obataining a MOI ( Ministry of Interior) All Pakistan Arms License:

Following are the FAQ's which we should try and answer:

1) How to Apply
2) Application Forms
3) Requirements
4) Fee Structure for diffrent calibre weapons
5) Yearly renewal fee
6) Is it adviseable to get your lincese through a arms dealer
7) How to Identify Original and Fake Liceses
8) How to register your new license in DC office

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: MOI CARD LICENSE

Marksman

Although MOI card license is the most authentic document, when it comes to arm licenses , however card licenses are not favoured by gun enthusiasts. Mainly because the weapon changing procedure of a card license is very cumbersome

The most frequently asked question for card license holders is , How can a weapon be changed/transferred on a card License ?

IMHO, one could request MOI to convert the card license in to a book license hence making it convinient to add or delete weapons.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: MOI LICENSE

Marksman

You may download MOI application form, from the folliowing link:

http://202.83.164.26/wps/wcm/connect/?M ... VERT=false

Requirements:

1) Copy of your CNIC
2) Two Passport size photographs
3) Filled form
4) Copy of previous license if any

Cost of getting a license made through a arms dealer :

Costs may fluctuate from city to city and dealers could charge you between Rs15000/- to Rs18000/- . However please note these days MOI is not issuing NPB licenses. Further on, if you are opting to get your license made through a dealer , please ensure you go to a reputable source as many cases have been reported , where dealers were involved in providing fake licenses

Time Frame:

It would normally take around 30 to 45 days to get your license.

Validity and Legal status of MOI:

Your MOI license would be valid for a period of 5 years from the date of issue. License has to be renewed before it expires by paying a nominal renewal fee in Post Office/NBP (National Bank of Pakistan).
MOI is valid in all provinces of Pakistan unlike provincial licneses which are valid in the province from which it is issued. One could posses a weapon issued on MOI and transport it all over Pakistan.

144 & MOI:

There has been a misconception that one could transport a weapon when a weapon is issued on a MOI License. Please note, if section 144 is imposed you cannot tranport your weapon, unless relevent permit is aquired from Home Department

Registring your License:

Once your license is issued you are supposed to get it registered with your nearest Post office or National Bank ( These days registration and renewal is only being done by National Bank)
Once registeration is complete, you have a validity period to purchase your desired weapon of the issued calibre on your MOI. After purchasing the weapon , it is madatory to get your license and weapon number entered in the DCO office.

MOD EDIT: PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE IS FOR THE GENERAL INFORMATION AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH!!. TGF IS NOT LIABLE TO ANY DAMAGES/CLAIM FROM ANYONE ACTING UPON THE INFORMATION ABOVE. USER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!! :greetings-waveyellow:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: MOI (All Pakistan) License > FAQs and latest updates

Marksman

:text-bravo:

@SH Good Job Mate!

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

@ SH,

What is the lastest info on MOI licenses ?

When is the ministry going to start taking new applications and issuing new licenses ?

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

@Shooter

As per my information MOI licenses are still closed !

I have heard friends, claiming that MOI has opened, but I dont have any authentic report on it...

Rumors are there that a few dealers are also getting MOI licenses made........but I wont recommend it at this stage , unless you know the dealer well and he has a good reputation in the market !

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

MOI are close and might open from 1st of november 2010.

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Gentlemen kindly comment, dated 6/9/10, expiring in about a weeks' time, any suggestions?

Courtesy Glocky bro.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

:o :o Get your licenses varified, immediately. This is what I can say :roll: Any other implications??

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

Khalid Bin Waleed wrote:
:o :o Get your licenses varified, immediately. This is what I can say :roll: Any other implications??

When one takes his license (and weapon, not necessary) to the local Police Station (PS) for entry, the above exercise itself gets carried out and the PS personnel stamp your license mentioning the register entry number on it.

However, I have time and again seen people arguing about the 'NEED' for it and observed that in majority cases, gun owners hesitate doing this. This notification will ensure that the PS has knowledge of all legal, licenses or registered firearms in their locality. This'll help them in a crackdown against illegal firearms in their area. I have all my MOIs entered at my PS except one, which I'll get registered within a week now.

Thanks for sharing AK47. Very useful information. :clap:

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Salahuddin Ayubi wrote:
Khalid Bin Waleed wrote:

When one takes his license (and weapon, not necessary) to the local Police Station (PS) for entry, the above exercise itself gets carried out and the PS personnel stamp your license mentioning the register entry number on it.

However, I have time and again seen people arguing about the 'NEED' for it and observed that in majority cases, gun owners hesitate doing this. This notification will ensure that the PS has knowledge of all legal, licenses or registered firearms in their locality. This'll help them in a crackdown against illegal firearms in their area. I have all my MOIs entered at my PS except one, which I'll get registered within a week now.

Thanks for sharing AK47. Very useful information. :clap:

And to call back all the legals, anytime required! :angry-fire:

Thanks SA, I really wonder why this thing has not been brought up before, the notice is pretty old by now and though normal people may not have seen it around since then, at least it shouldn't have escaped the attention of serious enthusiasts like our communities. :shock:

I have a few observations, plz comment:

1) The notice has not been publicly high-profile portrayed, media enforced, deliberately??? As kind of "silent", sneaky "license killer"??? :shock:

2) I really hope this isn't the start to any end?? :think:

We've heard the present Minister of Interior speaking on several occasions about de-weaponization desires, of respectful people with all legalities completed, so I really hope this isn't any part of any such movement. :?

3) It could be - and hopefully is - a media "silencer"/buffer as well, before the launch of new MOI work, opening of licenses applications. :think:

Kind of justification before the media, that scrutiny of all licenses issued has been held - initially by the FIA and relevant agencies within the ministry -as a result of which thousands of licenses already stand cancelled, and now finally, a public notice like this one, to eliminate/cancel any licenses left over and in the possession of people, beyond the knowledge of the MOI!!

In any case, validity of my points above will prove soon, by following parameters:

1) A new date of MOI opening is announced soon! This would prove the most positive aspect of the verification notice, and prove my point No.3 above.

2) The MOI continues standing closed indefinitely, which would prove towards tendency of validity of my first two observations, disastrously.

Let's see, how things develop, seems like we have no options left, it's really just an extra hassle and "Gora style control measure " coz our legal weapons already stand entered in the records of our respective DCO offices, which by all standards is quite above the entrance of the same at local PS's! :angry-fire:

Would appreciate if more members join the discussion here. Regards.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

AK47 wrote:
3) It could be - and hopefully is - a media "silencer"/buffer as well, before the launch of new MOI work, opening of licenses applications. :think:

Kind of justification before the media, that scrutiny of all licenses issued has been held - initially by the FIA and relevant agencies within the ministry -as a result of which thousands of licenses already stand cancelled, and now finally, a public notice like this one, to eliminate/cancel any licenses left over and in the possession of people, beyond the knowledge of the MOI!!

Was having a discussion with Saif this morning and conveyed to him as well that I feel it is the point (3) above, with or without launch of new MOI work (opening of licenses applications).

I really don't think that de-weaponization (that too from legal firearm owners) will ever take place. Atleast in Karachi, IMO.

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Salahuddin Ayubi wrote:
AK47 wrote:

Was having a discussion with Saif this morning and conveyed to him as well that I feel it is the point (3) above, with or without launch of new MOI work (opening of licenses applications).

I really don't think that de-weaponization (that too from legal firearm owners) will ever take place. Atleast in Karachi, IMO.

Thanks SA, my most rational common sense is also more towards point 3 as best "POA". Yet, in this country, one gotta be ready for the "shrewdest", however. Trying to verify the authenticity and continued validity of said notice. :)

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

Visited the local PS today, they are not aware of any SRO or notification in this regard. :?

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Azzz Ekssphected

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Ahmad Abbas wrote:
Visited the local PS today, they are not aware of any SRO or notification in this regard. :?

@Ahmad Abbas......Thanks for some practical assistance, quite useful and aiding to our so far below findings. :)

@KBW Sahib..........Thanks Sir, I agree with you on the non-satisfaction, somehow my sixth sense always senses strange things here in this regard. :?

@All.....By Monday things shall be sought cleared up, yet as of so far, a reliable source aided with some useful info, that above order indeed was genuine, yet is in reverted status now, let's see, that would indeed be one great relief. Perhaps that's the reason why Ahmad Abbas Sahib above also found no such circulation of any order at the PS's! :)

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

Anybody, any confirm news about opening of MOI for common persons like me?? I heard that underhand MOI are being issued if we pay heavy. Is it correct? Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

lets wait for tommorow morning.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

@mythbuster,
please do not discuss 'underhand' stuff on forum. Kindly also read forum rules regarding license making.

(Great Boxer Muhammad Ali).

Marksman

Guyz anyupdate?

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

I am about to say: "Kiss your licences bro's"! ;)

Unfortunately was too busy today with some domestics, so couldn't get time to get into this matter personally, yet some pre-liminary impression of my friend and agent: "Another cock and bull story"! ;)

Heck, whilst awaiting news on a date for new applications, the already acquired became a greater worry! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Gentlemen the notice is real, genuine, still valid, no reversion!
Called the MOI. Then called my local PS, the notice is there indeed, and they have the instructions.
Don't wanna hype the matter up at all, yet now, all's up to the holders, to comply or not. Few days to go. :)

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

I think we should not wait and just go and get licenses registered at police station asap.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Zargham Alvi wrote:
I think we should not wait and just go and get licenses registered at police station asap.

I totaly agree wil Alvi sb.....This is the right thing to do !

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

All my licenses are already registered with the Police station, do i have to get it done again??

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next