THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:53 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Provincial License (Sindh)

Marksman

Members are requested to share there experience, knowldege, insight on the following :

1) How to apply
2) Requirements
3) Registration in DC office National Bank/Post office
4) Application fee and yearly renewal
5) Conversation/addition to All Pakistan
6) Diffrent calibres of weapons permited on provincial licenses
7) Are new Licenses being issused in Punjab, Sind, Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa
8) Cost of getting a License made through a dealer

Following is the link to get the form for Sind provincial license, application form:

http://www.sindhpolice.gov.pk/download_ ... 20Form.pdf

Requirements:

You would require two passport size photographs, copy of your CNIC

Cost:

It would roughly cost you around Rs12000/- to Rs18000/- for a Provincial arms license through a dealer. Please ensure you give your application to a reputable dealer in order to avoid getting any miscomitments or fake license.

Provincial license converting in to All Pakistan:

A provincial license can be converted/addition to all Pakistan license, by paying a fee of Rs2500/-

Issuance of new license:

Currently there is a ban on the issuance of new arms license in Punjab. However fresh licenses are being issued in Sind, Balochistan and KPK

144 & Provincial License:

Although a license permits its holder to posses a weapon of specified calibre on it, but when 144 is imposed one cannot carry his weapon, unless he has aquired a 144 permit from home office.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Provincial License (Sindh)

Standard Shot

very informative
please if u could also shed some light on the section 144
i am interested of getting it on th pistol im goin to buy.

a few Questions i have in mind relating 144

1: when 144 is not imposed , can one carry his gun
2: how much does a 144 cost
3: i heard that 144 expires within a certain time and u have to renew with the same big amount.

4: lets say i have 144 on my pistol and law and order becomes bad and 144 is inposed.
can i carry my gun with me.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

@Hamza

In a nut shell, there is no fee to obtain a 144 permit. Issuing authority is Home Secretary. You could apply directly by giving a formal application, stating your purpose to carry a weapon with you, if possible add relevent references if you are facing a security threat. Permit is issued for a period of 30 to 90 days.
The sole purpose of obtaining a 144 permit is to have permission to carry your weapon , when section 144 is imposed. However please do bear in mind, even if you have a permit, you could not strap your weapon to yourself and display is prohibited aswell as taking your weapon to school, colleges, hospitals, airport and government offices is not permited.
I hope I have been able to answer your questions as per my knowledge, if some one likes to add more info on the subject please feel free to add here.
If you do not wish to go through the process and want to opt for a relaxed and easy approach. You should get in touch with a reputed dealer, he would do the spade work for you and would charge you around Rs4000/- , please do not consider this as a confirm qoute, it is advisieable you get prices from dealer directly !!

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

SH Bro,

What's the update on Sindh License ? Heard that the DCO office was closed for some time. What's the status now ?

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

@SA

The lady incharge in the DCO office earlier got posted and now there is a new gent and I must say a very refined officer, Very courtious and helping.

To my knowledge licenses are being issued these days ! however if you have any news that they are closed I could counter check and reconfirm with you !

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

I asked my dealer for sindh license and he showed a list of 303 persons with a letter signed by interior minister for sindh licenses, says these are issued every week or so. whole process takes about a month. he said rs.18,000 for single weapon, actual fees is rs.4,000, and rs.25,000 for one license with a 12g and a 9mm on same book, actual fee rs.6,000.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

farazh wrote:
I asked my dealer for sindh license and he showed a list of 303 persons with a letter signed by interior minister for sindh licenses, says these are issued every week or so. whole process takes about a month. he said rs.18,000 for single weapon, actual fees is rs.4,000, and rs.25,000 for one license with a 12g and a 9mm on same book, actual fee rs.6,000.

That is correct. Sindh licenses continue to be issued. The exorbitant price you see (18k and 25k) is mainly because of MOI closure. Previously, when the MOIs were being issued, SIndh licenses were costing around 8k through dealers in KHI.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Dear Fellows

few days before i got my name in the list of Home Department For issuance of NPB license on Home Minister Quota. yesterday, i visit CDGK Arms License Branch, Civic center 8th floor, and deposit my application with orignal stamped list copy.

the guy there received my application and list copy(orignal Stamped) and ask me to come after eid and he will issue a letter for police verification.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

That's good news Rizshu.

So what are you planning to purchase as soon as you get your Sindh License?

Also, what are you\r plans of converting it into All-Pakistan?

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

ummm, well i am planing to buy CF98 or stoger.secondly, i want to convert this sindh license into MOI as soon as MOI gets open.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

rizshu wrote:
ummm, well i am planing to buy CF98 or stoger.secondly, i want to convert this sindh license into MOI as soon as MOI gets open.

May I ask why do you want to make an addition on your provincial license and convert it to all Pakistan !

I belive MOI licenses have lesser renewal charges then provincial license's. However if you make an addition on your provincial license to all Pakistan , I think renewal charges would remain the same or may be increase slightly !!

I always wonder why friends on the forum crave for an MOI. In my humble opinion if you dont travel outside the province with your weapon there is no point getting an MOI.

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

+1 Soul Hacker

Marksman

Soul Hacker wrote:
rizshu wrote:

May I ask why do you want to make an addition on your provincial license and convert it to all Pakistan !

I belive MOI licenses have lesser renewal charges then provincial license's. However if you make an addition on your provincial license to all Pakistan , I think renewal charges would remain the same or may be increase slightly !!

I always wonder why friends on the forum crave for an MOI. In my humble opinion if you dont travel outside the province with your weapon there is no point getting an MOI.

Soul Hacker Brother You are right but the thing is that i use to travel outside the province mostly, and that too by road, so you can understand why i want an MOI License.

secondly, i am waiting for an MOI, if i am not wrong more then one and a half year. if MOI had been opened before i would go for it but now i dont know when it will open.

Thirdly, i know that until or unless MOI will not open i cant convert my sindh license into All Pakistan. if in near future MOI gets open, then i have plan to go for MOI and convert sindh license into shortgun for HD.

Now what do you say? need suggestion.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

As far as I know, all provincial licenses can be converted into all Pakistan by paying some extra fee (around 3000). I have Punjab and Balochistan licenses which have been converted into all Pakistan. I am not sure if there is any difference now in these licenses and the MOI license??

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Khalid Bin Waleed wrote:
As far as I know, all provincial licenses can be converted into all Pakistan by paying some extra fee (around 3000). I have Punjab and Balochistan licenses which have been converted into all Pakistan. I am not sure if there is any difference now in these licenses and the MOI license??

you are right sir, but i want to confirm one thing that when MOI is banned, can anyone convert his provincial one itno MOI?

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

I am not sure about Sind, but in Balochistan it is being done. One has to pay extra 3000 for it :)

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

preety strange

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

rizshu wrote:
Soul Hacker wrote:
[Thirdly, i know that until or unless MOI will not open i cant convert my sindh license into All Pakistan. if in near future MOI gets open, then i have plan to go for MOI and convert sindh license into shortgun for HD.

Now what do you say? need suggestion.

Since you travel outside the province , then obviously you would be needing an all Pakistan license.

The correct terme as I have been told by some one is called " addition" . You could make an addition to All Pakistan on your provincial license. I would suggest you to go to a reputable dealer and get the job done , free of hassle and stress.

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

Sindh license can be converted in to all Pakistan by paying some fee, if u are a Military personal u can still avail this facility and for civilians for a time being its been closed (officially).

About me! ....... I m Free 24/7.

Last edited by Thunder on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

rizshu wrote:
Dear Fellows

few days before i got my name in the list of Home Department For issuance of NPB license on Home Minister Quota. yesterday, i visit CDGK Arms License Branch, Civic center 8th floor, and deposit my application with orignal stamped list copy.

the guy there received my application and list copy(orignal Stamped) and ask me to come after eid and he will issue a letter for police verification.

yesterday i went to civic center 8th floor arms license branch, i show them the received copy of the list. they issue me a letter to DIG east office for police verification, when i reached to DIG east office they mark the letter to SHO of my police station, i reach to my area police station with that letter and ask them to do needfull. after 15 mints an ASI came and he take the letter being marked from DIG office and ask me to arrange two photos, NIC copy of two neibours, my and my father's NIC and alectric bill copy of my home, and ask me to call me after arrangment of these docs and he will come and will fill the form.

lets c what happens today, i will inform you all.

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

I have heard that nowadays no one in Sind has the authority (Home Secretary, DCO etc) to issue arms licenses. Only one person is the sole authority to issue licenses under his quota.
Query:
If one gets license issued under his quota wouldn’t it be political?

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

Rizshu thanks for sharing this procedure with everyone. It will be helpful to all members in future.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

rizshu wrote:
..............after 15 mints an ASI came and he take the letter being marked from DIG office and ask me to arrange two photos, NIC copy of two neibours, my and my father's NIC and alectric bill copy of my home, and ask me to call me after arrangment of these docs and he will come and will fill the form.

Rizshu brother, you are very lucky. The ASI could have asked you about your matric and graduation degrees, your passport, your credit card number and even you nikah nama :roll:

Its so unfortunate. For those who want to follow rules and correct procedure, they make the things very difficult. :(

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Khalid Bin Waleed wrote:
rizshu wrote:
..............after 15 mints an ASI came and he take the letter being marked from DIG office and ask me to arrange two photos, NIC copy of two neibours, my and my father's NIC and alectric bill copy of my home, and ask me to call me after arrangment of these docs and he will come and will fill the form.

Rizshu brother, you are very lucky. The ASI could have asked you about your matric and graduation degrees, your passport, your credit card number and even you nikah nama :roll:

Its so unfortunate. For those who want to follow rules and correct procedure, they make the things very difficult. :(

:dance: :dance:

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

GUNNER wrote:
I have heard that nowadays no one in Sind has the authority (Home Secretary, DCO etc) to issue arms licenses. Only one person is the sole authority to issue licenses under his quota.
Query:
If one gets license issued under his quota wouldn’t it be political?

Home Secretary (Sindh) Issuing arms license form his quota on daily basis ....

it doesn't make any difference if u get license from HS Quota or HM Quota.

About me! ....... I m Free 24/7.

Last edited by Thunder on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next