THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:18 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Glock triggers

Standard Shot

Hello friends,

long time no speak :)

I own a Glock 30, which is my HD / CC pistol. I like it in the sense that it is fit for purpose and that I trust it, but I am not a fan of the trigger (not at all).

I don't have the time nor the resources to put 2000+ rounds through it to break it in (I hear it improves over time).
Specifically, I would like to shorten the take-up and reduce the trigger weight.

Can anyone recommend a solution? I heard replacement kits are available? Which one would be a good one? Can they be installed "DIY", or should the pistol go to a gunsmith? Any other options?

Thanks for any inputs you may have,

Mre.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Glock triggers

Regional Ambassador - Islamabad Chapter

Hi,

You should look into ZEV custom triggers and glocks are very easy to take apart and reinstall so you can do it yourself.

"If you are good at something, dont do it for free.." Joker.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

First of all, make sure you have a proper holster, preferably kydex, that would cover the modified trigger completely. Then, you have to be careful while reholstering that there is no obstruction that could activate the trigger.
Ideally, get a Glock oem 4.5 lb trigger kit. It comes installed on G34, G35 and G41 from factory. All other Glocks have a 5.5-6 lb trigger, so this is much better than what you have stock. I have used a 3 lb kit, and would not recommend that on a cc Glock.

installation is easily doable, and you could simply follow online videos.

You might try ipscstore.eu as it has OEM Glock trigger kits for both gen3 and gen4.

(Great Boxer Muhammad Ali).

Standard Shot

Thank you very much guys!

Will look at both suppliers.

Saif, if I understand you well, you would not recommend the 3lb trigger for SD weapon because of increased risk of accidental discharge?

Ref. the OEM kits, in your experience, do they truly improve the overall feel of the triger, i.e. not only lighter, but shorter takeup, reduced creep etc...

Thank you again!
MrE.

Profile E-mail  

Regional Ambassador - Islamabad Chapter

The OEM Kit will only give you a lighter trigger, Nothing else. For reducing creep and take up, Look into the ZEV triggers.

"If you are good at something, dont do it for free.." Joker.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

Yes due to safety reasons, I would not recommend a 3 lb trigger on a carry Glock.

People don't quite understand the glock trigger. I would advise you to check out the reset of the trigger. In safe environment, make sure the gun is unloaded, dry fire once, and without letting the trigger moving forward (must be fully squeezed back), rack the slide, and slowly start releasing the trigger. The reset is very short. You will be surprised at how easy the follow up shots can be with practice. Check that out, and install the 4.5 lb connector. Then practice just a bit before thinking of further reduction.

I used a 3.0 lb trigger, and did not like it much. It will always be very spongy for the first shot, just a bit lighter, and in my view, unsafe for SD and CC weapon.
I did shoot a well used Glock owned a friend, and it was very acceptable.

Standard Shot

Dear Saif,

you make a very valid point. It is true that in a SD/CC scenario, a heavier trigger is probably very advisable.

Also, installing a non-original trigger will probably reduce my feeling of confidence in the reliability of the pistol, which slightly defeats the reason why I purchased a Glock in the first place.

Hmm... Maybe I will just leave it as it is and man-up with a heavier trigger at the range :lol:

I appreciate your input, and will keep the contacts of the companies recommended on this page in case I switch to
a different pistol for SD/CC and the Glock becomes a range toy.

Thanks again, you made me think.

Mre.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

mre
You are welcome!!

Sniper

I recently got a Glock 17 gen 4 for my SD, and instead of going for the ZEV or the Ghostinc connectors... i went ahead and polished the trigger completely, all metal surfaces that touch each other..
creep has gone down substantially..
and trigger feels somewhere around 4 lbs and is pretty soft. I absolutely do not intend to change anything esle.. no springs, no trigger, no trigger bar, not even the firing pin block..
After going through a lot of reading the only thing that is plausible and worth going for is... onesourcetactical.com and get the straight and flat trigger set
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/suarez ... ppTYqtvaRs
then go get the ghost evo elite connector to soften up the trigger.. and install it with help of either a gunsmith preferably.
http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_EET ... N-1-4.html
Next is just the Ghost springs that come in it...
My philosophy is ... get the best parts and tweek them.
the connector with some work will reduce the post travel on the straight and flat trigger, almost vanish the creep in pretravel area. Lastly play with both the springs.. i.e. firing pin spring and the trigger spring to see what feels better.. the 6lbs is for SD and 4 lbs is the lowest imho. below that the gun becomes competition gun.. but still can easily be carried without fear in a kydex.

the Alternate is .... TILL you get your hands on this whole stuff... POLISH the trigger bar with a dremel OR with polishing compound.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail  

Polishing works off course. Use metal compound that should help. Be careful with the Drexel though.

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

I used the dremel and the polishing wheel and the polishing compound.. it is almost like glass now.. lovely trigger now...

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail