THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:14 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Need opinion for a CC handgun.

Shooter

KBW wrote:
POF brother. Your hatred against Glock 19 or Rami stuff of compact nature will not reduce the utility of these weapons for the purpose for which they have been designed. :)

Well said point taken

i just don't like the idea. i do get the idea of subcompact and i like it but compact is just .... but then its just me and let use continue with the thread CC

Last edited by POF on Tue May 27, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

POF wrote:

for around 50k i have two options if your going to shoot abt 1000 rds in a life time buy a cf98 for around 40k but if you shoot a lot buy a B6
it has a forged barrel and a forged slide it just keeps on going i have fired over 5000 rds from a single gun and its great intend to take it up to 25000 rds from it , plus it reliable a little water carbon dust will not bother it . as soon as i crossed 4000 rds and accuracy is as good as a new one i bought it for personal carry . CF98 well its not the same thing once you hit the 2500 rds mark

Brother POF, I would like to invite you to have a look at my thread. The accuracy of CF98 is way beyond anyone's expectations even after 2500 rounds. Have been conceal carrying CF98 for a few years now, believe me when I tell you hitting a 179/200 target CF98 means business, and the price range that it comes in I doubt another weapon can match the package. The barrel is still scratchless and the smoothness of the weapon is unquestionable. But then, CF98 is not everyone's cup of tea and there might be a zillion reasons for it :)

Just my 02...

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

NG, I am surprised how you are able to conceal a weapon of the size of CF98 in summer clothing, without showing a print. Well, one cant spent his life wearing a baggy T shirt or a loose shalwar qameez. What do you do when you have to tuck in the shirt on an occasion which is a little formal but you do feel a need to carry your gun in a concealed manner? At least I haven't been able to do that with formal clothing though I had reasonable knowledge of carrying a gun and had the most appropriate holsters available to me. The print of such a large gun is always visible.

As for discussion on comparison of Sarsilmaz B6 with CF98 and accuracy potential of CF98 , please open a new thread as this discussion does not relate to the subject.

regards

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

Sir, even in the summers there is hardly any occasion where I have to go formal without a coat (not necessarily in a three piece suit), and I use this holster very comfortably without being able to give any prints of being armed. Even with not so baggy t-shirts, I have been able to conceal carry on the back without any problems. I think its down to the fact that you mentioned above, that a tall heavier person has more room for concealing a weapon as compared to a skinny short guy.

For shalwar kameez, a click belt on my waist with a slim hanging holster hanging on the side works perfect for me.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

So as per this theory, an AK47 is also a concealed carry gun if one is in habit of taking a chaddar, even in summers. I have seen many people who are able to conceal an AK47 inside their chaddar. :) But that doesn't means that we will classify such a gun as conceal carry.

It's very difficult to pass the eyes of a professional, concealing a full size gun. :)

However, here we are not talking that what can be concealed and what can not be concealed. It differs with person, weather and clothing. We are here talking about categorization of handguns with regard to their size, ie, large, compact, sub-compact, pocket etc. Secondly, we must differentiate between a CARRY GUN and a CONCEAL CARRY GUN. All handguns can be carried if the rig is appropriate but all of them can not be concealed in all types of clothing by people of all sizes during all weathers. So from reference point of view, the categorization has been done which is followed by all in the market. And when we talk of conceal carry guns generally, we are mostly talking of sub-compact and pocket size guns. Just my two cents.

regards

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

I liked walther pps very much and sig 290

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

DrZakir wrote:
I liked walther pps very much and sig 290
Both are excellent CC guns and genuine CC guns.

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

Sir if you dont have budget problem then i would recommend Glock 19.. its the best defensive carry pistol.. relieblity, simplicity, best design, most less parts than any other pistol.. most light weight. durable.. rugged.. it has all the best qualities one would need for a defence carry pistol..

Profile E-mail