THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Pakistan made knives at eBay

Master at Arms

We all know that excellent knives are manufactured in Pakistan, however, they have somehow never been marketed properly and therefore, not many people know about them. Unfortunately, many of us buy some of the substandard imported knives in high prices but do not bother to look back in our own yard where everything is available.

I just found out that in a particular circle, Pakistani knives are very popular. They are good quality steel and very artistically made, and in most cases, handmade. I learnt it the hardway when I bought a beautiful knife in quite some price on eBay and when it reached me, it turned out to be a Pakistani knife. It is beautiful.

Just have a look at some of the Pakistani knives being sold at eBay....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Timber-Rattler-Compact-Rivers-Edge-Saddle-Hunter-Hunting-Skinning-Knife-Sheath-/310807553911?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item485d92e777

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Timber-Rattler-Oklahoma-Full-Tang-Hunting-Skinner-Skinning-Knife-Sheath-/360803133831?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item54018ae987

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Timber-Rattler-Golden-Bone-Full-Tang-Hunting-Skinner-Skinning-Knife-Sheath-/360803153205?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item54018b3535

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Timber-Rattler-Large-Jungle-Fury-Bowie-Hunter-Hunting-Skinning-Knife-Sheath-/310808474446?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item485da0f34e

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fox-Hunter-Classic-Drop-Point-Finger-Groove-Hunting-Skinning-Knife-Sheath-/310812336884?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item485ddbe2f4

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Timber-Rattler-Full-Tang-Upswept-Hunting-Skinner-Skinning-Knife-Sheath-/310812375456?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item485ddc79a0

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Marbles-Knives-Damascus-Mini-Hunter-Stag-Bone-Skinning-Hunting-Knife-w-Sheath-/360802490473?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item5401811869

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Marbles-Fly-Fishing-Fisherman-Stainless-Mult-Tool-Tools-Folding-Pocket-Knife-/360803138009?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item54018af9d9

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Marbles-Curved-Double-Edged-Rosewood-Fish-Fishing-Skinning-Neck-Knife-Sheath-/310812393303?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485ddcbf57

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DD23-LOT-5-DAMASCUS-STEEL-HAND-MADE-SKINNER-HUNTING-KNIFE-/331076782305?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item4d15b6c8e1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DD25-LOT-5-DAMASCUS-STEEL-HAND-MADE-SKINNER-HUNTING-KNIFE-/261342624655?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item3cd93bfb8f

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ASH-66-CUSTOM-HAND-MADE-HUNTING-BOWIE-KNIFE-440C-STEEL-123-/231106822261?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item35cf0a4075

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ASH-67-CUSTOM-HAND-MADE-HUNTING-BOWIE-KNIFE-440C-STEEL-13-/261343523427?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item3cd949b263

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ASH-53-CUSTOM-HAND-MADE-HUNTING-BOWIE-KNIFE-440C-STEEL-12-5-/331077959986?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item4d15c8c132

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rough-Rider-Hunters-Buddy-Combo-Set-Stag-Bone-Skinning-Hunting-Knife-w-Sheath-/360806761574?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item5401c24466

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rough-Rider-Hunters-Buddy-Stag-Bone-Skinning-Hunting-Knife-w-Sheath-/360802450719?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item5401807d1f

I have only quoted a few links but there are so many Pakistan manufactured knives available on various stores. It's really a treat to see these products which are very well made and quite cheap, as compared to many of the other brands. However, these are solo action of few businessmen with almost no patronage from the Government of Pakistan. There is a huge potential....... only if these knives could sold with properly registered brand names.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pakistan made knives at eBay

Simply beautiful! I think I'll have a trip to Wazirabad in the coming days and see first hand the craftsmanship of these manufacturers!

Also, I believe that Pakistan Hunting and Sporting Goods is trying to bring the Knife makers together and market their items in the international market!

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

These knives are also very famous on facebook.

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

Most of the knifes are made in either sialkot or wazirabad, steel billet strips are imported rest is all local. I gt some knives made but they were all so good that gave them away to two great friends. It may seems strange to some people but some knife makers in Pakistan do create a blads which is equally as good as japanese as far as the contours are conxerned. but since it takes time so getting them made with makers passion needs some dough as the makers should be amply gratified for his skill.
www.sableusa.com is a local maker who sells them ONLY in usa with some blades engraved to the tip.
I sincerely wish that people learn the proper use of knifes and the sharpening.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

A post from eBay.

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

This is good news. I might even order one.

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

find Muhammad Yasine on Facebook and he is the person doing the engraving by hand. He does this work with passion and works for someone else.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail  

Beautiful knives.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

If only our guys could market them with proper brand names, there is a big market for these beautiful knives. Many of the guys in US and Canada buy them in bulk without names and sell them as hand crafted knives in high prices. It only when I asked the country of manufacture the guy told me its made in Pakistan.

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

These are very beautiful knives :text-bravo:

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

KBW wrote:
If only our guys could market them with proper brand names, there is a big market for these beautiful knives. Many of the guys in US and Canada buy them in bulk without names and sell them as hand crafted knives in high prices. It only when I asked the country of manufacture the guy told me its made in Pakistan.

@ Atiq bhai,

Are you thinking what I'm thinking. :)

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

yes I am right on the same foot steps infact there has been a LOT of thought already given on this specific thought process. If passion leads the way then there is no other better way to earn.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Order this today.now waiting for delivery.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

@ AI,

Is this one, which you ordered, mean't for use or for decoration? Apparently, the ones which KBW posted are mean't for use, while the one you posted looks more of a decorative item. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

SA wrote:
@ AI,

Is this one, which you ordered, mean't for use or for decoration? Apparently, the ones which KBW posted are mean't for use, while the one you posted looks more of a decorative item. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I ordered this as a decoration piece.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Got these today

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

atiqmassan wrote:
find Muhammad Yasine on Facebook and he is the person doing the engraving by hand. He does this work with passion and works for someone else.

Don't buy from M.Yasin, he is too expensive.He will charge you almost double.

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

Nice knives AI.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Wow beauties!! Didnt know we had a wonderful knife industry

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Awara Insaan wrote:
Got these today

How much you paid for these beauties?

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Thank u all.
@swissman sir i paid $150 for all 3 knives.

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

atiqmassan wrote:

I know about Yasine bhai and his works.

'HE CREATES WONDERS'

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

Let me add something here for Yasine Bhai. I had ordered six knifes from him. two were greatest in quality, Four of one design out of which two were very very good but two were worst.. All i had told him was DO NOT polish the blades of two knifes as there are tooling marks still left.
WHAT i really got was a totally different knife. So i sent him back and he said he will replace them. The money is fully paid and he said asap he gets them made he will call. I was so frustrated that it is hard to explain. anyways yesterday I msged him on FB on pretext that he may remember he owes me two knifes but ALAS!

I think the cost that Awara Insaan Chachajee has got is a fair enough, @AI chachajee plz pm me for the details of the knifes handles and what is the cost it will come to me.

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Next order

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

atiqmassan wrote:
Let me add something here for Yasine Bhai. I had ordered six knifes from him. two were greatest in quality, Four of one design out of which two were very very good but two were worst.. All i had told him was DO NOT polish the blades of two knifes as there are tooling marks still left.
WHAT i really got was a totally different knife. So i sent him back and he said he will replace them. The money is fully paid and he said asap he gets them made he will call. I was so frustrated that it is hard to explain. anyways yesterday I msged him on FB on pretext that he may remember he owes me two knifes but ALAS!

I think the cost that Awara Insaan Chachajee has got is a fair enough, @AI chachajee plz pm me for the details of the knifes handles and what is the cost it will come to me.

Pm sent

Profile E-mail