THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: Baked Spicy Beef

Sharp Shooter

We all make Tikkas of beef but it does very well when baked, specially with veges.

Beef cut for steaks is the best.

Steaks can be used as steaks or can be cut into smaller pieces. I preferred to cut them into smaller pieces because time available for marination was less. Beef was marinated in salt, garlic paste, ginger paste, lemon juice and ground red pepper (not chili powder) . After half an hour of marination, beef was spread on baking tray and put in the oven for 40 mintues, oven set at 350 degrees.

Onions were spread at the base and on top, primarily to save the beef from burning and sticking with baking tray. Tomatoes can also be used. Next time I will use a mix of tomatoes, potatoes and onions. During baking, these veges leave their flavour in the meet and keep it tender.

After 40 minutes, spicy baked beef is ready.

Yum Yum. :drool: :drool:

Last edited by Haider95 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Baked Spicy Beef

Sniper

Looks yummy haider I'll be trying this one :)
Its better to always oil the tray with the help of a brush so that meat will not stick or burn while in oven .

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

I did apply oil on the tray but placing onions at bottom and top brings good flavour in the meat, besides keeping them tender. :)

Profile E-mail  

TGF Expert Panel

Looks very delicious Haider. Thanks for sharing.
And beef is a bit Expensive in Canada compared to here.

(Great Boxer Muhammad Ali).

Master at Arms

To say the least, this beef was very well made and pretty hard to resist. Will do it more frequently now :drool:

BTW, everything is very expensive in Canada and there are lot of taxes that one has to pay. On anything that we buy, we pay 13% over and above all other duties / taxes that have already been incorporated. On comparative basis, Pakistan is very cheap indeed, still. :)

Profile E-mail  

I simply love beef! and this has given me new vigour!! I'll definitely try this recipe! Thanks for sharing :D

@ KBW:
I don't think comparing just the prices will do sir, its the buying power that counts too.

Profile E-mail  

Sniper

This gave me an idea to make a home made stove for making something like this with coal fired stove with front portion lockable out of square tin can with couple of metal rods to support grill or tray upon. looks really really scrumptuous.

in fact i had tried this but alwYs failed as my mistake on coal has alwYs been too much on heat. want to learn how to keep meat succulent

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Graffiti in ruins of Pompeii (in the basilica): The one who buggers a fire burns his p....

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

hmm..home made stove is a good idea. :think:

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

atiqmassan wrote:
This gave me an idea to make a home made stove for making something like this with coal fired stove with front portion lockable out of square tin can with couple of metal rods to support grill or tray upon. looks really really scrumptuous.

in fact i had tried this but alwYs failed as my mistake on coal has alwYs been too much on heat. want to learn how to keep meat succulent

AM just an idea. You can use a steel trunk for this also. Line the outside with a thick layer of mud used to making clay pots. Fill the last quarter with sand so the heat wont go through, make a fire on top, make embers, put a grill on that, put the steaks and close the lid. Keep checking from time to time. It will save you the hassel and mess. You can cut holes and put in a gas burner if you like also. It makes for a good DIY weekend project.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

Haider next time you are handling beef, try to smack it a little with a kitchen hammer in the center, avoid hitting the edges that will squeeze the juices out. I dont the know the exact reason, but keeps the meat from shrinking during cooking and will keep the meat softer in the oven.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

And when you buy your steaks with a little fat on them, you wont have to worry about it sticking during cooking. Plus beef cooked in its own fat is so much more tastier. A brisket or chuck part would be more suited for this purpose. Do you guys like your beef well done or slightly rarish? Dont mind my intrusion here :)

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

FK wrote:
Haider next time you are handling beef, try to smack it a little with a kitchen hammer in the center, avoid hitting the edges that will squeeze the juices out. I dont the know the exact reason, but keeps the meat from shrinking during cooking and will keep the meat softer in the oven.

I will do this next time :)

FK wrote:
And when you buy your steaks with a little fat on them, you wont have to worry about it sticking during cooking. Plus beef cooked in its own fat is so much more tastier.

Well this was informative. I'll surely try this the next time.

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

And dont worry about the unhealthy fat. The unhealthy fat is in shape of lumps. The little thin layer of fat around muscles is not unhealthy.

Take a clean peice of undercut or brisket or a shoulder cut. Try to get a peoce that around 8-10 inches long and about 4-5 inches thick. In a sauce pan heat oil. Saute a few crushed cloves of garlic and fine cut ginger. Then fry the peoce of meat, turnig till all sides till they are brown in color. Once the meat is browned on all sides. Add beef or chicken or vegetable stock enough to submerge the meat. Add salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, turmeric, white pepper, tyme and a little rosemary if you easily find it. Now soil boil till the liquid is almost dry. When you have 1/4 of the water left add some potatoes, cabbages. Now when the liquid is almost evaporated take the meat out and put the remaining juices and boil vegetables ina blender and let it spin. Then add some cream milk mixture, half milk half cream and blend again, till smooth. Then add a few mushrooms, check and adjust salt and pepper and vola you have juicy medium well beef roast and a creamy mushroom sauce. Drizzle and enjoy.

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

We keep doing the baked meat every now and then. Usually veal, but we also do lamb, goat and fish. Hardly ever do chicken as it a tasteless meat. Few pics to share.

Baked shrimps and veges, all marinated in same spices.

Baked spicy veal.

ImageImage
Baked spicy veal with veges. Veal was marinated in a paste of yogurt, salt, red chilies, cumin seed powder, ajvoin and two table spoons of olive oil. The same marination was applied to the veges also that included carrots, onions, potatoes, broccoli and tomatoes. Baked in the oven for 1 hr 15 mins at 350 degrees. Wow..... it was very good :drool: :drool:

Profile E-mail  

Marksman

Yummy mouth watering. Thanks for the share.

Profile E-mail