THE GUN FORUM

THE GUN FORUM

Exclusively for Serious Gun-Enthusiasts and Outdoorsmen

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:51 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: RAMI BD first time out

Sharp Shooter

It is always fun when you get to burn off that new gun smell. Of course, we're speaking of my wife's B-day present, her new CZ 2075 RAMI BD! She was going to come out to shoot it today, but didn't feel good, so she told me to test fire the new blaster and see how it works...gee, twist my arm, honey! 8)

Everyone remembers which one we're talking about?

Looks good on the firing line, too.

So, here I am with a brand new CZ pistol...but I am used to BIG pistols, like my Phantom I carry every day, or my P-09...not subcompacts. So I decide I'll be "fair" about testing, and shoot from the "braced" position, since this is a little gun. This proved to be an error, as the following targets can show.

It got worse, see the two groups? Kinda bled over to the left, didn't it...

Notice a trend? Yep, the exact opposite of my politics - down and to the Left. Well, this isn't good. Then I felt a tiny little hand smack me between the eyes, and a Czech accented voice yelling, "Idiot! I am COMBAT pistole, not TARGET pistole!"

Oops, my bad.

OK, so I moved the targets to 7.5 yards, about the longest shot in out little house...yes, it's little. I then took a normal shooting stance, and slammed home the 10 round mag. I had been using the 14 rounder for comfort, but figured if I ever used this one, (HAH, like she'd let me!), I might need the more concealable magazine. Nope. My pinky finger slid all over the front of the baseplate trying to find a place to hang out, as my normal grip put it right on the edge of the finger rest. Gah. Needs an ASP style finger ledge.

Back to the shooting - the very first magazine I shot was with the short mag. All the rest were with the longer one.

THAT'S better! ;D The little gun works better in a natural two hand hold. She chucked the brass nice and neatly off to the right and a little forward, no problems.

OK, so what else can we do? Why, I'm glad you asked! let's do something weird - how about a pocket pistol at 25 yards, standing? Eh, why not?

So, using the cast loads it decided it was OK with, I started. I decided to use a target from Project Appleseed, http://www.appleseedinfo.org/, which is a 100 yard rifle target adapted for 25 yards. Why? I was running out of others... ::)

So lets set it up...

That's a ways out there for a little gun. Bang away!

Honestly, better than I expected, really. But I will give it another try, just for grins and giggles. Out of 125s...guess I'll use 124s.

All five on paper at 25 yards standing. I thought I heard a heavenly choir begin to sing....nope, car stereo going down the dirt road behind me. Oh well. I was impressed. With the gun, not the stereo.
Functioning was excellent, with two minor stoppages, one being a light primer strike on one of my reloads. I'm willing to be that's my fault, because it fired on second strike with no problem. Second was a Failure to go into Battery, LAST ROUND. A light tap and it seated. This was after about 100 dirty cast loads in a brand new gun, so I'll call this a break in jam. Because I can. ;)

CZs are, of course, natural born hams - here is the brothers and sister who came to the line with me today.

Hamming it up as usual, 2075 RAMI, P-01 and SP-01 Phantom. Beat that triple play ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: RAMI BD first time out

Sharp Shooter

Rami is an excellent gun. Did you try a two finger grip ?

Profile E-mail  

TGF Managing Committee

What an excellent show - tactical gun, it sure is...was a proper slap on the wrist at the right time otherwise would have gone bonkers with the worry for a grease pack piece ;)

All the best buddy, and yes I doubt anyone but retrobade would be the only person to match a triplet like that!

Cheers :)

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

Rami BD is a good reliable CC option. The 25m target speaks of your accuracy which is good :)

Always a treat to read your reports and this one was no exception.

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Master at Arms

Really enjoyed reading your report as usual. Lets see how well Mrs shoots this one.

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

No doubt Rami is the reliable cc option but only with 10 rounder My experince with 14 rounder is worst on every 5 to 6 round there was an ftf and I half hartedly return the piece to dealer.

@ Aromerdman what is your experience???

Spartan

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Nice CC gun :drool:

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Nope, not an issue, Hasan, not with the magazines I had on hand. I had one failure to go fully into battery on the last round, but that was dirt and gunk related, plus breaking in period - this gun was absolutely brand new. I cleaned off the shipping grease and lubed it for the first time the night before. :)
I'd have to say if yours was failing with the 14 rounder but working fine with the 10 rounder...you needed a new 14 round magazine. This one worked well with both mags. Try again with a new one. :D

And for those who were wondering, yes, it fits. ;)

Profile E-mail  

Site Admin

Except for Duty (and maybe one/two other models), CZ mags fit each other, however, I've experienced continuous FTF issues while using CZ Shadow's mags in my P01.

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Sometimes adding 175 grains of boat-tailed diplomacy speeds up Peace Talks

Profile E-mail  

Great review as always armoredman. I hope she shoots just as well as you do. Why do you say the "braced" position was a mistake? How do you normally fire? Details please. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Standard Shot

"I had one failure to go fully into battery on the last round"

Is it stuck the slide on halfway and when u push the slide with another hand it goes to the battery ?????

I had face the similar problem with different type of ammo and irrespective of clean & unclean it will stuck after every 5th to 6th round on half battery position. Then I apart from my Rami and bought Glock 19.

Rami is still on my wish list but i still have a fear of its failure.

Best Regards.

Spartan

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

Failure to go fully into battery was due to serious grit and grime in a brand new gun, not broken in. It almost went completely closed, only needed a very light tap. Other than that, it was perfect functioning. I wouldn't hesitate to carry this sidearm myself for personal protection.
six-shooter, I normally test guns from the standing position, which can introduce too many wobbly variables, i.e., ME, into the mix, so with the short barrel of the RAMI, I decided braced would give it the stability it needed to compete fairly. Me be wrong. :)

Profile E-mail  

Sharp Shooter

We never faced any failures with our Rami, either with 10 round mag or with 14 round mag.

Profile E-mail  

Shooter

very beautiful gun

Profile E-mail  

Rifleman

Absolutely love your CZ branded range bag more than anything else

Profile E-mail